Husqvarna Rancher reassembly help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just dropped off his new Husky Rancher to me because he is unable to get the thing reassembled. He apparently took the sprocket cover off without relieving the tension on that band that stops the sprocket assembly by disengaging the brake (hope my terminology is close) and now that band in the cover is not open enough to slip over top of that assembly. What method do you guys use to relieve the tension in that band so it will again slip over top of that assembly?

i am not sure that the chain brake on my 350 is the same design or not but you can use the socket end of the scrench to release the brake

I have done that myself on the 345. LOL I don't remember how I got it released. There was allot of cussing involved. I bought the release tool so I would be prepared for the next time. You need more than two hands for sure without the tool.

were the chainbrake mechanism (round with the helicopter looking blade in it) mates with the chainbrake handle. put the 19mm end of scrench in there and twist clockwise

The fastest/easiest way if it is what I am thinking about is to take a cheap socket and grind it down as a 3-point key.

I have one :biggrin:

Last edited:
Use the kickback guard as a tool engage it with the brake mechanism and turn clockwise. Use your thumb to hold the guard on the 3-blade propeller looking thing and turn clockwise.

Use the kickback guard as a tool engage it with the brake mechanism and turn clockwise. Use your thumb to hold the guard on the 3-blade propeller looking thing and turn clockwise.

This is what I ended up doing and it worked very easily. Now if I can just remember this when I do it to my 346xp. Thank you all for your help, I knew I could count on the gang here!

no matter how hard you try on chainbrake springs it always ends up in blood and swear words for me

Latest posts

Back