Stihl heads.....and I am one....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl will always be first, a logger friend lent me a few of his huskys (395,390,372). I guess trying to get me to go over to the "DARK" side. but I will have to say that if i found one for cheap i would probably go with it for a spare.

I like this thread. Good fun and some jokes.

All jokes aside, I am a Stihlhead. I can't help it. I guess it's bred in me. It's all I've ever used. I have used some Huskys too, and they just don't fit me. I will say that they are awesome saws though.

The 7900 is the only Dolmar I've ran, and I have to say that yea, it fits me well and I love the way it runs. I will have one one of these days.

Just because I'm biased toward Stihl, does'nt mean I can't give credit to a good saw when I see it. The Husky 346 and 372 are two that I have ran and loved. I admit the 346 runs and fits better than my 260.

I just love saws. All saws. :rock:

Can't wait to show you cats the mint 038 Mag I bought today. 1991 model, fresh and clean!!! I'll post the thread with pics tomorrow. Just got done with the teardown/cleanup. :clap:

Well I own 3 Dolmars now...and I know now its my 2nd choice..and might be 1st but I didnt say that.

My favorite saw shop only has Stihl or Husky,so Husky would be my second choice for a 50cc plus saw,for smaller saw i prefer a Poulan from some big box store,especially the wild thing,but I was thinkin' about that Echo top handle they was sellin' at Home Depot,too,maybe.:confused:

I like my stihl 361 as much as I like my husky 335xpt. Heck, I even enjoy running my old mac 610 once in a while. It all comes down to the ford vs chevy debate. Which saw do YOU really like.

I havnt ran a ton of different saws but I favor a good stihl. Just from what I read on here some other saws I think I would like though would be the 346xp, ps7900, and the 372xp.

Stihl Last!!

When the sun came up this Moday and the damage from the tornado was evident I went and pulled my 266/272 ,and the Ech0 302S and the Olympic 935 off the shelf.
The one Stihl I do own is 150mi. away and I NEVER miss it, as it is still in the closet!
I ran three gallons of mix in a day and a half and no problems from any of them.
No body had any thing other than Poulans and a couple of newer Echos.
Most of the downed trees were bradford pears and some willow and ash and a few mesquite and I am not really sure what they were .
Fortunately no one was injuried, just trees, fences and 2 or 3 roofs torn off.

1.Dolmar
2.Husky
3. Olympic
4. Echo
5. Shindaiwa.
6. Gerber Knife American Made

I did it, I went to the dark side.(I'll take my beating). I picked up a Husky (394) to add to my collection. Got it for cheap and in the process of fixing it up just to run the **** out of it. ( It will have a Stihl bar on it that has to count for something!)

On a serious note:
I want to send my prayers to those that were in the path of the tornado.

Latest posts

Back