Is this overloaded?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it only squats that much with 6k pounds in the back, it must ride rough as hell when its empty?
do you drive on main roads like that!? how about the tire load rating?
and one last question, how many inches did you gain when you put the stacks on? :msp_biggrin:

You're just gettin started, here's a friend old ford full of Ash.

m4Cwkl.jpg

Holy cats that baby is loaded! LOL :)

Great picture! Stoppin' off at Don's Place for a frosty beverage after a day of cutting wood.

Beefie, you're cheatin. Keep your rig in the HD trucks division. This here thread's for them city boy half tonners.

Mine never hit the road either, but I would not be afraid to if needed. I've had 6,000 of fertilizer on the back, and ya just gotta drive with common sense.

Have a HD 3/4 now, but still use the 1500 for wood. No sense scuffing a nice vehicle out in the woods when ya have a beater!

I will admit to having tonner leaf packs in the back of mine, but it's still half ton axles. 265-85-16 Load range E tires help a lot too. Used to have a lot of half tons on P235s, that might not have been the best hauler tires, but it worked at the time.

One of the things I like about my half ton is the lack of capacity. Honestly, one load in the old F150 is a good amount of wood to process in one day. Usually if I am going any distance or I have a lot of wood to get, I'll use the trailer.

The other thing I like about it is how little it cost me. I have less than $1000 tied up in this truck and that includes plates and insurance for the first year! I was really in the market for at least a 3/4 ton truck, but I couldn't pass this one up.

Usually I don't load it like this, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for a photo op.

The front tires are still on the ground, throw some more in there:laugh:

if it only squats that much with 6k pounds in the back, it must ride rough as hell when its empty? No rides pretty good for mid 90's suspension
do you drive on main roads like that!?
Yup sure do, I am not over tire capacity
. how about the tire load rating?Load range D, tire is rated at 3450lb, just wished they made this in a E ply,295/75R16, that is 34.5" tall.
and one last question, how many inches did you gain when you put the stacks on? In height or just getting the chicks:hmm3grin2orange: :msp_biggrin:

Beefie

Not overloaded at all. The top of the can isn't even covered. If it wasn't a ford you could have stacked it in and got a lot more wood to the house, we all understand that with those fords you can only haul half as much as a chevy.

true that! all though chevy will haul a fair load of wood ! i am so sorry to tell you, indiansprings the only way a chevy will out haul a ford is with its wooden wheels !! cuz we all know chevy,s cant and wont burn up the road but will burn the rubber of the rims hauling a 1/2 cord load on a one toner!! lol i love driving a ford and pulling a chevy! better yet love driving a ford but not pushing a chevy with it an have to smell the burnt wooden wheels.......

These pictures are bad from cell phones but you get the idea.

179194d1302250157-truck-jpg

179195d1302250164-more-wood-jpg

(whiteman, when you paste the link to the pic in the box, either leave the Http thats in the box highlited, or delete it before pasting, otherwise you get a double http in the address and they dont show. Fixed it for ya in my quote.)

Those are impressive displays of stacking, but how do ya tie it down? I wouldn't go through that kinda work unless I was haulin it quite a ways, and if I was, I'd want to make sure it wasn't going anywhere.

Thanks boss. Im still trying to figure out the whole picture thing. These trucks are my friends of my brother. They don't tie them down, just stack tight and hope for the best. They do have to drive down the mountain through some nasty corners and drop between 1000-2000 foot elevation after loading up their trucks. The traffic is next to none and speed limit is 15-25mph on the main road. Its kinda the normal thing you see during wood season in our small town. These are just a couple of the bigger loads I saw at the end of last year.

Is that a dump bed. wish I had one:clap:

Yeah it's a dump insert that someone fabbed up to fit the frame, and they cut a foot out of the truck frame for some dumb reason. Can't crap for the $300 I paid 4 years ago, it's a hell of a yard rig :msp_thumbsup:

These pictures are bad from cell phones but you get the idea.

179194d1302250157-truck-jpg

179195d1302250164-more-wood-jpg

You win!! :rock: :laugh:

Back