Carved a "patch" last weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackoak

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm not worth a crap on anything else, but do enjoy making schrooms with a chainsaw. Carved these out last weekend.
100_4489.jpg

I'm not worth a crap on anything else, but do enjoy making schrooms with a chainsaw. Carved these out last weekend.

Wow man are those Magic Mushrooms? Just kiddin. I've been wanting to start carving for awhile. Looks like a good place to start. Good work!:clap:

I like them also, good work. I have seen pictures of your schrooms all over the net, so you are the guy who is making them, my compliments. I do them similar but not quite the same, I don't paint the stems and use a different tool to finish the head to give it that morel look.

Curious, how do your mushrooms sell??? (if you sell them) Schrooms are the most popular seller of all the things that I have carved and tried to sell at different venues. Considering the time and effort it takes to make them I get a decent return compared to other wood projects. One or two mushrooms will always pay the booth fee at a craft sale. Most people call my mushrooms " ornamental mushrooms ' and gladly pay $40 bucks or more for a decent looking one that has that mushroomy look what ever that is.

I'll see if I can get a pic up to add to the thread. Our old computer went down and I lost many pictures of my work that were in my photo collection. I did manage to get this one of my first attempt at selling mushroom carvings of different styles and shapes along with some benches by the roadside during a local celebration that made that road very busy. I didn't sell hardly any benches but the mushrooms sold good . I have since gotten much better at making mushrooms and kind of know what people like.

Attachments

• DSCN0566.jpg
    DSCN0566.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0561.jpg
    DSCN0561.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back