Working for THall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfcoln

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I told Tommy I would help him out at the store today selling Stihl stuff, so he put me to work. I mean it really did sound like fun, surrounded by Stihl saws and equipment. What more could a guy ask for.
I dressed up in my best holey jeans, my Stihl susspender T-shirt and my bestus Stihl hat and went to work.
Now I have to tell I did my best to sell stuff but it really was kind of a slow day. I sold a bunch of chains, bars, oil, gloves, and even a FS 110 trimmer with a bunch of blades for it. But I did not sell even one saw. Tommy came out and said what gives, that he sold 15 saws last Saturday, and I said just a slow day I guess. BOY what a slave driver.
Not really. It was kind of cold and here in nothern Virginia only the hardcore farmers come out, not the weekend lumberjacks. Tommy said I would do better when it got warmer. Besides I did get to play with all the saws, trimers and I have to decided to save my money up for the new MS 261.
I did have a good time, and I got to talk with a bunch of people today, I just didnt sell no saw
Oh Well Next time

i'm gonna make it a point to stop and see mr. hall whenever i get somewhat close to leesburg..
i think it'd be alot of fun when i tell em i'm in town to help my cousin cut some downed trees and i have eight chains i need sharpened RIGHT NOW....
i did talk to him on the phone awhile back, he reminds me of shelby the swamp man on that stupid show ax men....(shelby is the only one i care to see) the rest is tv hype b/s..

i'm gonna make it a point to stop and see mr. hall whenever i get somewhat close to leesburg..
i think it'd be alot of fun when i tell em i'm in town to help my cousin cut some downed trees and i have eight chains i need sharpened RIGHT NOW....
i did talk to him on the phone awhile back, he reminds me of shelby the swamp man on that stupid show ax men....(shelby is the only one i care to see) the rest is tv hype b/s..
Shelby is the only reason I watch that show!

Wolf, where's the photos?

Well I told Tommy I would help him out at the store today selling Stihl stuff, so he put me to work. I mean it really did sound like fun, surrounded by Stihl saws and equipment. What more could a guy ask for.
I dressed up in my best holey jeans, my Stihl susspender T-shirt and my bestus Stihl hat and went to work.
Now I have to tell I did my best to sell stuff but it really was kind of a slow day. I sold a bunch of chains, bars, oil, gloves, and even a FS 110 trimmer with a bunch of blades for it. But I did not sell even one saw. Tommy came out and said what gives, that he sold 15 saws last Saturday, and I said just a slow day I guess. BOY what a slave driver.
Not really. It was kind of cold and here in nothern Virginia only the hardcore farmers come out, not the weekend lumberjacks. Tommy said I would do better when it got warmer. Besides I did get to play with all the saws, trimers and I have to decided to save my money up for the new MS 261.
I did have a good time, and I got to talk with a bunch of people today, I just didnt sell no saw
Oh Well Next time

LOLOL, hey you did good man. The whole place was slow today. That chilly weather keeps the buyers home where its warm. Too bad you weren't around the last two Saturdays when it was in the mid 60's. I was running my butt off and clearing the rack out. Today was just too cold for my yuppie buyers and our real saw men were out sawing.

For you guys that don't know what me and Wolf are talking about he's in Va on a job contract. He lives way up north in Michigan. He showed up in the shop a few weeks ago and took a liking to all the Stihl I got stached in there. He's been stopping in regularly after his days work. He got the idea this Saturday he would come in and stay at the sales rack in the store and sell for me for FREE. He hit me with the idea a few days ago and I said go for it baby. He showed up today in a Stihl hat, Stihl suspender shirt ready to work. I gave him a Stihl stool to sit on at the sales rack and left him there all day. What he didn't know was I would slip up in the showroom every hour or so to check on him and each time I did I heard him over at the rack yaking with customers so I left him alone and went on back to the shop. Folks weren't in a buying mood today but even so he did great! Around 3.30pm he nabbed his first buyer for about 400.00 total. He's very detailed making sure he gets every penny he can by offering up engine oil, extra's and so on, my kinda man.

I sold a few units this morning before he showed up so he's playing catch up to ole Daddy and the best part is he's determined to out do me and I say awesome, have at it. He's heading back home up north in late May. He's in for a on slaught soon as it warms up, he's gonna regret offering to sell for me when the people start showing up at the rack 10 at a time,LOLOLOL

Of note where did he come from, he came from here, the AS site. He's been reading alot and came across some of my posts and decided to come see this crazy man who wrote all that non-sense.

Lastly I took him to Wendy's today and pointed out to him that little gal with the million dollar hiny. He had to agree I wasn't just yaking, he said man you was right, that is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee!, Now I gotta keep a eye on him, he might try to sneak down to Wendy's and get sweet on that gal of which I'll have to beat him with a hose packed full of sand,LOL

You think as suave as you are, also being a great salesman and with your doo your would have closed the deal with the little Wendy's honey. If you haven't maybe you need to give ole Wolf a chance to seal the deal. I thought you were a closer........:msp_wink:

You think as suave as you are, also being a great salesman and with your doo your would have closed the deal with the little Wendy's honey. If you haven't maybe you need to give ole Wolf a chance to seal the deal. I thought you were a closer........:msp_wink:

Hahaha, Spring I like staying alive. The thing I never mention is that little gal has a ring on her finger. All I can do is look and think mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hey wait, I could get Wolf to guard the door, hmmmmmmmmmm,LOLOL

Wish you were a tad bit closer so I could come lend you my expertise. If I can sell Studebaker parts at a swap meet, selling Stihls should be a piece of cake.

Wolf, where's the photos
?

Pictures,
Now everyone knows how camera shy Tommy is. As for me, next time I go up there to help, I will have someone take some photos of me.

Now about the girl with the nice behind, she really is a petite little thing and just as cute as she can be with a nice ticked out Ford 150. Not bad for a girl. What more could you want? Cute, a ford truck and a job. LOL

Hey Wolf, no biggie. I bet those customers were glad they were able to talk to someone they at least could understand :hmm3grin2orange:
Just a tip : Tommy doesn't understand the word 'FREE', so make sure you ask for a commission on anything you sell. If he's making any trouble, just say...'I just wanna be like you, hehe, or you could say.... I learn fast, don't I ;)

Last edited:
Hey Wolf, no biggie. I bet those customers were glad they were able to talk to someone they at least could understand :hmm3grin2orange:
Just a tip : Tommy doesn't understand the word 'FREE', so make sure you ask for a commission on anything you sell. If he's making any trouble, just say...'I just wanna be like you, hehe, or you could say.... I learn fast, don't I ;)

I let him spy that million dollar hiny on that gal, thats worth at least 50 bucks right there. I will give you your due though, he does talk alittle slower than me but then again so does everyone else in the world,LOLOL

I let him spy that million dollar hiny on that gal, thats worth at least 50 bucks right there. I will give you your due though, he does talk alittle slower than me but then again so does everyone else in the world,LOLOL

I can't believe she still works there. She's been there at least a year now. Have you ever given her one of those Stihl hats as a conversation starter or are you still holding out on those? My buddy that had the German Shepherd said don't bring Wolfcoln unless he's a good "straight man" for you, bring your dog next time. Women love dogs and they are good ice breakers with the fairer sex.

You have been to the Mecca and return with no PHOTO's ???

nothing

zip

nada

you apprentice for the King and you want to work the "front of the shop" ????

Everyone else must cut their teeth on chain sharpening for many many months before they can advance to sweeping the front no less actual contact with paying customers....:D:D

Well you better talk to Tommy, I have been around the block a bit and I actually cut wood to heat my house in Michigan.

Heck I sold a saw to guy while I was just picking up some supplies.

I promise I will get some photos next time. Just dont expect ole Tommy to be in them, just my ugly mug
:msp_biggrin:

I can imagine why ole Tommy don't need his photo posted. Husband's all over the D.C. area are looking for him, while they are at work in the loop, lobbying and stealing us tax payers blind ole Tommy is putting a smile on them lonely lasses faces. Keeping them purring like a well tuned saw. Hell, I bet after two sessions he has them either making chainsaw sounds or screaming "treat me cruel".

Back