Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite, but I think it'll be sufficient. A Stihl 026 for comparison:

clean-o-matic4.jpg

clean-o-matic5.jpg

The bottom of the tank had about 4" of something resembling tar, plus a bunch of oil/water floating on top of that. Just nasty.

Well, that explains why the PO sold it to you via CL... :D They didn't want to mess with that kind of a mess. :)

Tar... nasty stuff... I has some sealing up some small holes in the flatboat. I wanna trade said flatboat for something that goes 'bang, rkcct-rkt, bang, rkcct-rkt, bang' :)

AKA: Boomstick, riffle, loud object that pisses the neighbors off, etc. :D

I will have to post a picture of the tool I made to pull the fuel injectors on my 1985 VW with CIS (Bosch K-Jetronic) injection.

Those damn seals on the injectors and injector cups were shot. I mean shot. They're supposed to be flexible, but nope... they were as hard as a fricking rock. That's what 26 years will do to what once were perfectly good seals. The old ones are made of rubber. The new ones are Viton, so hopefully that means they'll last even longer. I sure hopes this will cure the vacuum leaks that previously plagued the car. The 100 bucks I spent on the parts for it could've gone into a lower stress bar for more handling, but I guess the car just wanted new seals. :laugh:

Ah, I can't wait until the day I have enough money to build up that parts car engine... 1.8L solid lifter... maybe a turbo for the heck of it too... looking for at least 250 hp to the wheels. :rock: I would be building the trans too. Oh man, a 2200 lb car with 250 whp... :D

Well, that explains why the PO sold it to you via CL... :D They didn't want to mess with that kind of a mess. :)

Tar... nasty stuff... I has some sealing up some small holes in the flatboat. I wanna trade said flatboat for something that goes 'bang, rkcct-rkt, bang, rkcct-rkt, bang' :)

AKA: Boomstick, riffle, loud object that pisses the neighbors off, etc. :D

I will have to post a picture of the tool I made to pull the fuel injectors on my 1985 VW with CIS (Bosch K-Jetronic) injection.

Those damn seals on the injectors and injector cups were shot. I mean shot. They're supposed to be flexible, but nope... they were as hard as a fricking rock. That's what 26 years will do to what once were perfectly good seals. The old ones are made of rubber. The new ones are Viton, so hopefully that means they'll last even longer. I sure hopes this will cure the vacuum leaks that previously plagued the car. The 100 bucks I spent on the parts for it could've gone into a lower stress bar for more handling, but I guess the car just wanted new seals. :laugh:

Ah, I can't wait until the day I have enough money to build up that parts car engine... 1.8L solid lifter... maybe a turbo for the heck of it too... looking for at least 250 hp to the wheels. :rock: I would be building the trans too. Oh man, a 2200 lb car with 250 whp... :D

I sure wish an injector job was that cheap on my truck!!!!!
The check engine light came on yesterday and that is usually a bad sign:msp_mad:

182326d1304301813-gun-jpg

This weekend we have two huge community yard sales.
Here is my best buy IR 2135QtiMAX $20 well used but works great.
It's supposed to have 'Nut Busting' torque!!!!
May give it a rebuild.
And I turned down two saws!!!

Last edited:

Yup! I had a fun car. Weighed 2300lb with a full tank of fuel and me in it. Triumph TR8 with about 250hp, but much more torque then a 4cyl making 250hp, was a small Rover V8.

Yup! I had a fun car. Weighed 2300lb with a full tank of fuel and me in it. Triumph TR8 with about 250hp, but much more torque then a 4cyl making 250hp, was a small Rover V8.

I've liked any good European car. :) Those Triumphs (excluding the yucky TR-7) are some of my favorite British cars. I've heard over and over that Lucas is the devil...

I forgot to mention the parts car was an accident victim... if we get our money out of the parts to cover the purchase cost, I plan on keeping a roller chassis. If neccessary, I will sell off some of the suspension, etc. I want to build a tube frame front end and drop a 300 hp Evinrude V8 outboard engine in, bolted up to a five speed... :blob2: Scare people for miles around... :D

Last edited:
I sure wish an injector job was that cheap on my truck!!!!!
The check engine light came on yesterday and that is usually a bad sign:msp_mad:

Well, doing it yourself helps quite a bit.

It's just the seals that needed to be replaced. Injectors for this car are 70 bucks a pop. :dizzy: Thank God I have the parts car... I can use one of those rather than having to buy some.

What truck you driving? If it's a diesel, yes, I believe the injectors are expensive. If it's gas, it should be cheaper, but not always.

Well, doing it yourself helps quite a bit.

It's just the seals that needed to be replaced. Injectors for this car are 70 bucks a pop. :dizzy: Thank God I have the parts car... I can use one of those rather than having to buy some.

What truck you driving? If it's a diesel, yes, I believe the injectors are expensive. If it's gas, it should be cheaper, but not always.

2001 chevy Duramax with about 240000 miles, 100 buck a pop doing them yourself and about 8 hours!!! This is my 3rd set:dizzy:

2001 chevy Duramax with about 240000 miles, 100 buck a pop doing them yourself and about 8 hours!!! This is my 3rd set:dizzy:

Ouch. There goes 800 bucks. :dizzy:

I've heard that this is the biggest problem with the Duramax. For some stupid reason, the injectors don't last worth a crap. Otherwise, not including this downfall, it is a good diesel.

Is there an aftermarket kit of injectors or something similar that would last longer or make the injectors last longer? I imagine if you're going to keep the truck for more than 3 or more years, it'd pay off if you're doing long distance driving.

There is a class action lawsuit going on... maybe you can get in on that and receive some compensation for all of that work.

Did more looking. Apparently, it is critical to change the fuel filter often. Also, one said one bad tank of fuel will likely take out the injectors. Some have said they run two, or even three filters, rather than just one to help filter out the particles that destroy the injectors. Some mention that rust inside of the fuel lines after the fuel filter will take out the injectors too. Check them lines. There are a lot of good products and ideas that can help the system as a whole last longer.

Last edited:

I've heard that this is the biggest problem with the Duramax. For some stupid reason, the injectors don't last worth a crap. Otherwise, not including this downfall, it is a good diesel.

Is there an aftermarket kit of injectors or something similar that would last longer or make the injectors last longer? I imagine if you're going to keep the truck for more than 3 or more years, it'd pay off if you're doing long distance driving.

There is a class action lawsuit going on... maybe you can get in on that and receive some compensation for all of that work.

Did more looking. Apparently, it is critical to change the fuel filter often. Also, one said one bad tank of fuel will likely take out the injectors. Some have said they run two, or even three filters, rather than just one to help filter out the particles that destroy the injectors. Some mention that rust inside of the fuel lines after the fuel filter will take out the injectors too. Check them lines. There are a lot of good products and ideas that can help the system as a whole last longer.

Seems like this is the case with loads of vehicles over here that have common rail injectors. They just don't last well at all.

Seems like this is the case with loads of vehicles over here that have common rail injectors. They just don't last well at all.

Yeah, for some reason. Probably doesn't help that most parts are made in China and are of sup-par quality from either crappy materials or just crap quality overall. I've only had good China products once or twice or maybe a handful more... In general, the stuff they make sucks. Since most car/truck manufacturers have their parts made in China and shipped to the country of their choice for assembly, it by no means is of good quality, most of the time.

I heard for reliability, the Cummins diesels are the way to go. Heard good stuff about Caterpillar too. I've heard Detroit sucks. IH are good, and Powerstroke is good if it's the 7.3L, the 6.0 had head gasket problems. Duramax is good, if the injectors didn't fail so much from all of the problems with fuel filters failing, etc.

In the end, I'll take the 1972 Kaiser 2.5 ton 6x6 military truck with the White multi-fuel engine in it. Shouldn't have many problems with that.

I've liked any good European car. :) Those Triumphs (excluding the yucky TR-7) are some of my favorite British cars. I've heard over and over that Lucas is the devil...

I forgot to mention the parts car was an accident victim... if we get our money out of the parts to cover the purchase cost, I plan on keeping a roller chassis. If neccessary, I will sell off some of the suspension, etc. I want to build a tube frame front end and drop a 300 hp Evinrude V8 outboard engine in, bolted up to a five speed... :blob2: Scare people for miles around... :D

Hey now!! That's what my car was a TR7, same as TR8 but with a V8, was a better car then any other English car in the past, its just its looks were kinda ahead of its time. Trust me you would of loved it.

which once apon a time was a buick v8 ;)

Yep!

Are you guys running any Diesel additive in your fuel? I do every tank, this new ultra low sulfur Diesel doesn't lubricate worth a crap!

182326d1304301813-gun-jpg

This weekend we have two huge community yard sales.
Here is my best buy IR 2135QtiMAX $20 well used but works great.
It's supposed to have 'Nut Busting' torque!!!!
May give it a rebuild.
And I turned down two saws!!!
Good score Bob! Ah garage sales,I have to stay away from them for awhile I have accumalet to much for the space I have at present.Maybe I'll build a shed next year.Municipality says
10x10 then you don't need a permit.That's not a very big space.
Lawrence

Good score Bob! Ah garage sales,I have to stay away from them for awhile I have accumalet to much for the space I have at present.Maybe I'll build a shed next year.Municipality says
10x10 then you don't need a permit.That's not a very big space.
Lawrence

Build a bunch of 10x10 buildings really close together and have them inspected and passed. Then connect them on the inside, by removing the walls. The buildings would have to be really close together, but in the end, you get the last laugh. :D

Build a bunch of 10x10 buildings really close together and have them inspected and passed. Then connect them on the inside, by removing the walls. The buildings would have to be really close together, but in the end, you get the last laugh. :D
Never thought about that Promac!
Lawrence

How tall?

Philbert
Not sure Philbert.As I won't be doing it this year I haven't looked into all the details.I do know it has to be a certain distance from the property line though.But you know a lot of family's just go ahead and do whatever they want. I'm very leery of going that route as all you need is one neighbour that is not Kosher with the deal and WHAM they got you.I also think I heard it can't be on a slab.Two storey sounds good,but I think it would become my doghouse if the wife got pissed for one reason or another,LOL.
Lawrence

Back