The hard way to load logs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be considered a wood junkie. I would have passed it up. Not even cutting it up into small pieces. There was a time I knew a few young guys who did stuff like that... Amazed I am here to talk about it!

I have cut up worse. I get almost all of my firewood as castoffs from a tree service. If it's too big or knarly for them to process quickly, I end up with it.

I got probably 8 cords last year, much of it like this. It's free, and I enjoy the challenge.:msp_smile:

Experience, from having done it wrong....

A good strong "cant hook"......

Commonsense from having done it all wrong....

No jacks. Ever.

Good saws.....experience counts again....

Ten toes and ten fingers per person....from experience....

Great pics....

NH's leading stone wall expert/builder/restorer Derek Owen says that any immovable object can be moved with average strength and an understanding of leverage. I've seen some of his walls and he's handled some sturdy hunks of granite.

Good eye on the change of clothes. Those fellas clearly failed on day one on getting that log onto their truck and came back with a lowprofile rental.

I would be considered a wood junkie. I would have passed it up. Not even cutting it up into small pieces. There was a time I knew a few young guys who did stuff like that... Amazed I am here to talk about it!

Yeah I don't really get it, why would someone go through such a hassle. I guess in a way I kind of admire their determination. They obviously had no idea what they were doing but they really wanted that hunk of wood.

Yeah I don't really get it, why would someone go through such a hassle. I guess in a way I kind of admire their determination. They obviously had no idea what they were doing but they really wanted that hunk of wood.

It's all about being a scrounger. Trust me.:clap:

Funny pics. Maybe a side job to make some money. I started a lawn business 25 years ago with now equipment or knowledge so this brings back memory's. LOL

At least they didn't quit . :msp_thumbup:

NH's leading stone wall expert/builder/restorer Derek Owen says that any immovable object can be moved with average strength and an understanding of leverage. I've seen some of his walls and he's handled some sturdy hunks of granite.

Good eye on the change of clothes. Those fellas clearly failed on day one on getting that log onto their truck and came back with a lowprofile rental.

In '77 I watched in amazement as a petite women and her vertically challenged hubby moved a full sized grand piano down six flights of stairs.....they did not even break a sweat.

They knew exactly what they were doing and how to do it.

Wish I had a video of it.

They had a box truck with "Nevada's only professional piano movers". Printed on the side of it.

Yup had to be kids or some would say young men.
Now an old guy like me would have just brought the spliter to the site if I were useing it for fire wood.
If I wantwed it for some type of furniture I would have brought the tractor with the front loader and the tri axel equipment trailer.

:D Al

did anyone consider maybe it was their place and they were trying to get rid of the stump ? rather than take it for firewood

did anyone consider maybe it was their place and they were trying to get rid of the stump ? rather than take it for firewood

or maybe they weren't scrounging...maybe someone was paying them to take it away. By whatever means possible.

If they wanted it for firewood, you would think they'd have a saw, even a wild thing.:confused:

Latest posts

Back