Porting a 262XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombiechopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Its already done from OEM. I can't really widen. Its already mighty close to skirt edges as is. Maybe I could get a millimeter if I really tried. Its like a 200T in that regard. Its factory ported correctly. Guess I'll just take the lip off the lower transfer, set squish and run it. I know why this saw is called the best stock 60cc machine ever made

184844d1306054326-dsc00210-jpg

View attachment 184844
Your one must have been ported in the past....Theres room to open up the ports on a stock one!

Its already done from OEM. I can't really widen. Its already mighty close to skirt edges as is. Maybe I could get a millimeter if I really tried. Its like a 200T in that regard. Its factory ported correctly. Guess I'll just take the lip off the lower transfer, set squish and run it. I know why this saw is called the best stock 60cc machine ever made

I'm just looking at the lines in the cylinder. That was also with a 261 piston. I have a new meteor. I better check this out a little more! When I looked at the lines in the jug it looked like 2mm.

I'm just looking at the lines in the cylinder. That was also with a 261 piston. I have a new meteor. I better check this out a little more! When I looked at the lines in the jug it looked like 2mm.

It is close but some can be had...I am doing one presently with a Meteor. When checked on the actual skirt with the piston on the rod and the cyl bolted down with whatever you are going to use for a gasket, you'll see there is some. But you are right these guys were as close to a mass produced custom build as you could ever get. A true factory hot-rod!!

I was able to get 0.020" squish with a 0.012" (about half of stock)gasket with the meteor on this one.

Back