Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Partner P85 heart transplant

So guys.....I picked up a cherry P85 at a yard sale last weekend and finally got a chance to check it over close today. The saw runs like a top, but is getting a little low on compression (140 PSI).....Or at least I think that's low.

If I end up pulling the cylinder anyway, can I put a P100 top on it, or is that even possible??

So guys.....I picked up a cherry P85 at a yard sale last weekend and finally got a chance to check it over close today. The saw runs like a top, but is getting a little low on compression (140 PSI).....Or at least I think that's low.

If I end up pulling the cylinder anyway, can I put a P100 top on it, or is that even possible??

The P85 has a 36mm stroke and
the P100 has a 40mm stroke according
to acres site. So i don't think you can
just drop a P100 top on a P85.

Lee

hey - i picked up a partner micro today. can anyone help with some info on the 1613? i browsed acresinternet and googled. is it the same as a skill 1613? any IPLs?

hey - i picked up a partner micro today. can anyone help with some info on the 1613? i browsed acresinternet and googled. is it the same as a skill 1613? any IPLs?

It is the same as the Skil and probably a dozen other brands. I get these confused with the Trail/Fontier saws but there cousins at least.

Here is the IPL attached below. I have a couple of boxes of parts for these. I also have a running 1612 and another that could probably run.

attachment.php

It is the same as the Skil and probably a dozen other brands. I get these confused with the Trail/Fontier saws but there cousins at least.

Here is the IPL attached below. I have a couple of boxes of parts for these. I also have a running 1612 and another that could probably run.

thx again mark. the ipl is saved for later.

the pull rope is hanging at the moment, so i don't know what i've got yet.... it's sitting next to another micro i picked up with it, poulan xx. similar rope dangle.

Did a little bartering of some 371xp stuff for the saw I've been looking for. Thanks Eric! Just got it today haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Wife wasn't too impressed when I opened it up in the kitchen.
View attachment 186090
attachment.php

The P85 has a 36mm stroke and
the P100 has a 40mm stroke according
to acres site. So i don't think you can
just drop a P100 top on a P85.

Lee

Are you sure about those 36mm? I believe it is a mistake on Acres site, and the correct number is 40mm.........

36mm would make the engine just 76.5cc.

How well do you think an R420 (65cc) will run a 22" hardnose bar?

My R420 has an 18" bar but the chain is pretty well worn. I bought this brand new 22" hardnose bar and chain for the R35/R435, but the big saw isn't going to live here much longer. I know I'll never get my money back on the new bar and chain, so I figure I'll keep it.

I've kind of fallen in love with this R420. It's like Dad's old P85 but in a manageable size.

How well do you think an R420 (65cc) will run a 22" hardnose bar?

My R420 has an 18" bar but the chain is pretty well worn. I bought this brand new 22" hardnose bar and chain for the R35/R435, but the big saw isn't going to live here much longer. I know I'll never get my money back on the new bar and chain, so I figure I'll keep it.

I've kind of fallen in love with this R420. It's like Dad's old P85 but in a manageable size.

My P-41 is 66 cc's and it runs a 24'' no problem unless you really pry on it. You should be good.

Makes perfect sense. I put a 24" bar on my 70cc McCulloch PM700 and it does okay. The R420 feels like a stronger saw.

Hmm, now if the R35's bucking spike will fit the R420, that'll eat up about 2" of that bar and really make it look like an aggressive little snot.

Is the R420 the ancestor of the P70?

Anyone want this as a parts saw? P&C look fine through the port. spark plug wire pulls out of the coil. all parts appear to be there. metal is beat to crap. Plastic rear handle has a broken part - the small portion on the bottom of the handle, but usable. this doesn't match the rest of the saws in the garage. PM me if interested.

7000 Plus Coil

Does anyone know what coils will interchange with the Partner 7000+. I am in need of one and want to see if I could broaden the area to look for parts. Thanks

Does anyone know what coils will interchange with the Partner 7000+. I am in need of one and want to see if I could broaden the area to look for parts. Thanks

Well it shares the same part number as a Husky 50 so I would think that the 40,50, 55, 254, 257 later 61 etc should all interchange with it. I have a 7000+ and could check if I ever get time.

I know that there is a ton of Huskys that use the same coil and alot of part numbers have been superceded from when I was searching coils for my PP475 which also used the same coil.

Latest posts

Back