Awkward piece to remove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She said she wanted to keep some shade.

When I first moved here, I thought I was crazy. This is how tons of trees are done around here. I thought I had been taught wrong!! I think the people around here see this, so they think this is proper. Also, I don't think the companies know any better--some of them may, but it is obvious that someone around here does not.

She said she wanted to keep some shade.

When I first moved here, I thought I was crazy. This is how tons of trees are done around here. I thought I had been taught wrong!! I think the people around here see this, so they think this is proper. Also, I don't think the companies know any better--some of them may, but it is obvious that someone around here does not.

Lol it ain't just there many trees have been topped over the years and though from health standpoint its not the right thing to do. The oldest trees have been topped around here by man or nature. I will say the trees that were topped still stand in tornado paths while large virgin trees all uproot. I still avoid topping but understand why customers regularly ask for it. I feel reductions from juvenile stage and crown cleaning as maturity sets in to be productive in the alley were 4tornados per year are average. Aeration and any thing that can be done to encourage root production is beneficial here as well. Just an opinion I have ascertained in my experience here.

Back