Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark, I am looking forward to geeting that old C6. As far as health clubs go I do a lot of lifting, though usually with my right arm. You see, beer cans are quite heavy and I figure the more repetitons I do the stronger I will get. :biggrin:

If the rain lets up I hope to fit your crank to my 4900 this weekend. I have been thinking about that tear down for two weeks now and it is driving me mad with anticipation.

Al.

Thanks Mark, I am looking forward to geeting that old C6. As far as health clubs go I do a lot of lifting, though usually with my right arm. You see, beer cans are quite heavy and I figure the more repetitons I do the stronger I will get. :biggrin:

If the rain lets up I hope to fit your crank to my 4900 this weekend. I have been thinking about that tear down for two weeks now and it is driving me mad with anticipation.

Al.

Hey we got the same work out routine! 12oz curls!

Hope you can hold out till the ole Partner gets there. The 4900 is one of the easiest to work on there is.

I picked up a good running P55 and was wondering if they P70 jug and slug would bolt on it? If it will is the wrist pin the same size diameter also? Are there any other problems to encounter if it would bolt on?

Jred 450

I know this is the same saw as a partner but i forgot what one :alien2:
needs a carb rebuild and runs with mix fed to it.
only has 120lb comp and the piston shows some scoring..
looks like the jug can be cleaned but a new piston and ring would be needed to bring it back good.
so what am i looking for brand wise for parts to help the old thing along ??
Or is it best for parts as it is in nice shape or part with the whole thing to support other projects,or fix for the shelf as a collectable ??

attachment.php

i forgot it was in use when dropped from a tree..i had the parts that broke and replaced them.

Last edited:
That Jred 450 looks kinda like my 535 and if i am right does not have a Partner equivilent. I could be wrong but I think it is a clamshell design and although sharing some Partner bits is a Jonsered.
I am by no means an authority so I could well be barking up the wrong tree.

Al.

That is agreat deal do thet both run?

oh yeah both run. the black handled one runs very well, the grey handled one, well.... you need to catch it when it first fires or it will fill the cylinder with fuel:laugh: but it does run strong
they both need the carbs gone through, and the bar/chains are pretty much finished
they have just under 170psi each and the top ends look nice and clean through the exhaust/intake ports. mechanicly, they are excelent.

oh yeah both run. the black handled one runs very well, the grey handled one, well.... you need to catch it when it first fires or it will fill the cylinder with fuel:laugh: but it does run strong
they both need the carbs gone through, and the bar/chains are pretty much finished
they have just under 170psi each and the top ends look nice and clean through the exhaust/intake ports. mechanicly, they are excelent.

Great find! Now that is one Yard sale I would like to visit, a 5000 and a 5000 plus in one go. Man you have used up a lot of luck there.

Al.

I think if you look again, they are a pair of 5000 plus's.

Nice grab. Bastard.:msp_smile:

I know this is the same saw as a partner but i forgot what one :alien2:
needs a carb rebuild and runs with mix fed to it.
only has 120lb comp and the piston shows some scoring..
looks like the jug can be cleaned but a new piston and ring would be needed to bring it back good.
so what am i looking for brand wise for parts to help the old thing along ??
Or is it best for parts as it is in nice shape or part with the whole thing to support other projects,or fix for the shelf as a collectable ??

attachment.php

i forgot it was in use when dropped from a tree..i had the parts that broke and replaced them.

Ron, that saw seems to be like the 520 I had. It is no Partner and only has the Partner style handles on it.

I wouldnt spend a nickle on it.

Not sure on the 450 but the jonsered 490 and 590 are partner 500 and 5000. If I am mistaken someone please correct me.

Thats what I thought for sometime as well but its not quite right.

The 500 and 5000 were both 44mm bore with it seeming the 5000's mostly were closed ports. The 590 is actually a 45mm closed port. Seems the 490 was a 44mm closed port like a 5000 or 5000+

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Nice, very nice.

Ron, that saw seems to be like the 520 I had. It is no Partner and only has the Partner style handles on it.

I wouldnt spend a nickle on it.

C/mon Mark,,dont sugar coat it,,tell me what you REALLY think !! :biggrin:

Back