Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

well, we have to consider the WORK here, and the BUILT-in (or lack-there-of) intrinsic value... :(

I know another member sold a COMPLETE set of cases in near-new condition with NEW bearings on ebay in the spring for $53. for that price, I wouldn't waste my time.

not to mention, WHY did this case get like this, and would you sell it as a good part???

SURE, ANYTHING is useable, but something like this shouldn't be SELL-ABLE or be SOLD

I agree. Would make a good saw to chuck in the back of the truck that you don't care too much about.

This was to replace the cracked recoil/flywheel housing corner on the 371xp I have to go through. Did you guys notice the bolt holes??

So, we have to stop and consider some facts:

A: I PAID for this (would [any of]YOU have??? :(
B: the bearing is SO toast
C: I have to SANDBLAST (you KNOW that coating is going to end up UPSTAIRS @ 14k RPM) to get it clean
D: (Will :bang: ) I'm gonna go through THAT much work and 'build' a saw and not 'care' about it? MY SAWwasn't sunk in the ocean, ya know...:poke: :jester:
E: IS IT WORTH IT?? and in,
D: IF this was a RARE case (ala: 166 Dolmar, Solo Super Rex, 3100G or, less rare, but HARD to find, 2100 homelite, 090G, etc, I could MAYBE understand...

ehh...call me anal, but I don't think it would be logical to go through all that work. Not to mention, putting it ALL back together and finding out we have a mystery air-leak somewhere UNDER the tank :cry: :bang:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

well, we have to consider the WORK here, and the BUILT-in (or lack-there-of) intrinsic value... :(

I know another member sold a COMPLETE set of cases in near-new condition with NEW bearings on ebay in the spring for $53. for that price, I wouldn't waste my time.

not to mention, WHY did this case get like this, and would you sell it as a good part???

SURE, ANYTHING is useable, but something like this shouldn't be SELL-ABLE or be SOLD

This was to replace the cracked recoil/flywheel housing corner on the 371xp I have to go through. Did you guys notice the bolt holes??

C: I have to SANDBLAST (you KNOW that coating is going to end up UPSTAIRS @ 14k RPM) to get it clean
D: (Will :bang: ) I'm gonna go through THAT much work and 'build' a saw and not 'care' about it? MY SAWwasn't sunk in the ocean, ya know...:poke: :jester:
E: IS IT WORTH IT??

ehh...call me anal, but I don't think it would be logical to go through all that work and finding out we have a mystery air-leak somewhere UNDER the tank :cry:

A. Heck no. Would pay somebody to take it from me.
B. Apply marmalade in copious amounts. MMMM, toast.
C. Sandblast with at least #4 shot from 3 1/2 magnums at a safe distance, lower the gauge the faster you are done.
D. I take it your saw is also lake and small pond free. That looks like mouse or other critter stuff/irrigation.
E. Not for me. Find a different case. I would go aftermarket afor I tried to use that one.

A. Heck no. Would pay somebody to take it from me.LOL
B. Apply marmalade in copious amounts. MMMM, toast.FOOD!! mmm
C. Sandblast with at least #4 shot from 3 1/2 magnums at a safe distance, lower the gauge the faster you are done. wouldn't LIGHTING it on FIRE be cooler???
D. I take it your saw is also lake and small pond free. That looks like mouse or other critter stuff/irrigation. YES, water free..well, except for the REASON I have to pop the case apart :bang: ewwwwie!! mouses...
E. Not for me. Find a different case. I would go aftermarket afor I tried to use that one.I was going to mention that, but, wouldn't I get flamed for using a A/M case???

The case-half was stripped of parts so completely, the member even took the time to remove the ID tag!! :dizzy:

Last edited:

E: IS IT WORTH IT?? and in,
D: IF this was a RARE case (ala: 166 Dolmar, Solo Super Rex, 3100G or, less rare, but HARD to find, 2100 homelite, 090G, etc, I could MAYBE understand...

ehh...call me anal, but I don't think it would be logical to go through all that work. Not to mention, putting it ALL back together and finding out we have a mystery air-leak somewhere UNDER the tank :cry: :bang:

Jay

I truly believe that I am among some of the more "frugal" members on this forum, and I have learned some lessons by being so inclined.....I have learned enough to know that you should walk away from that case!

I had a Husky 181 case that looked exactly like yours (Other than that it was mint!) and it never got past the glass beading cabinet, when I was getting ready to prep it for the JB Weld.....That rotten Magnesium will disappear as soon as you start blasting... IT"S ROTTEN!!!

You will never feel good about building a saw from that. Trust me....(Even though I'm sure you could):msp_razz:

I am...a "frugal" member on this forum,

Yes sir, as am I, BUT i'm sure a LOT of us here are that way.... and it shows with the above commentary ;)

the comments about the ROTTED mag make sense...i've seen it with steel, but, the non-ferrous metals pit and corrode WAY beyond what meets the eye :bang:

Or you can provide a beacon for your friends, dig a hole and start a good hot fire. When the beacon is needed, throw that case on the coals. If you want to see spots for a week or ten days and have your eyes feel like they are full of sand, don't dig the hole and stare at the fire.

[QUOTE

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Geez these pictures are like the chainsaw version of herpes.............about every 6 weeks there is a breakout of them...........:dizzy:

Geez these pictures are like the chainsaw version of herpes.............about every 6 weeks there is a breakout of them...........:dizzy:

Jon, Well, you should see the parts in person....they LOOK like Herpes, and it starts to BURN like the REAL THING!!! :( :bang:

Jeff- Can I just toss it in the firepit next time I have some buddies over?! maybe cut it in half, and grind a THIN spot to get it going???? :laugh:

continuing on with my SAW misfortune... does anyone have a crank for a 385-390xp ?? :cry: 2009 saw, WAS locked up like Fort Knox... NOW I know why :(

Need a complete flywheel off a Homelite 1050 or 1130G, starter pawls and all. Homelite number 64053A and marked Phelon F-2430.

100_2458.jpg

100_2483.jpg

I have
Homelite XL-800 parts saw
Mac 47 parts saws
Mac 3-25 parts saws
Mac 35A parts saw
New oregon powermatch .404 bar tip
Tecumseh AH series parts
Mini mac parts
Probably got more stuff laying around here

Need a complete flywheel off a Homelite 1050 or 1130G, starter pawls and all. Homelite number 64053A and marked Phelon F-2430.

100_2458.jpg

100_2483.jpg

What's wrong with the wheel?? just looks a bit ugly, that's all. palm sander can fix that... UNLESS, the threads for the pawls are bad... IF it becomes a HARD part to find, heli-coils/Timeserts will fix that... :rock:

still looking for an xpw piston,ms460 piston, i need a cylinder and piston for an 026 44mm need good 0026 tank and plastic. im putting my 026 toy back to work since the 346xp toy has arrived

What's wrong with the wheel?? just looks a bit ugly, that's all. palm sander can fix that... UNLESS, the threads for the pawls are bad... IF it becomes a HARD part to find, heli-coils/Timeserts will fix that... :rock:

The ugly I don't much mind but the threads are pulled out of one of the starter pawl holes. I picked up some heil coils today and I am going to see what I can get done to it tonight, planning the loctite the coil into the flywheel and then loctite the bolts also. Seems that the bolts coming loose is not a unknown problem, I found about six different blogs were folks have had the same issue.

455 460 rancher

Somebody has to have some 455/460 husky parts

Looking for some top covers, front handle, clutch cover, throttle trigger...I have two running 455's and would like to put them into service...need parts.

I have parts and cash

please PM

thanks

Back