The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
I gave it away.

A friend that falls timber needed a saw badly, he was down to an 028. He brought me several damaged saws and I let him leave here with a hybrid.

Dang it, Randy, now you're starting to make me doubt some of the bad things that I've been hearing about you :msp_confused: :jester:. I might be contacting you in the near future about a Jonsered 2095 :rock:.

Chris :monkey:

I noticed that saw was missing and wondered what happened to it.

We could have a big carpool if a lot of us is going.

Dang it, Randy, now you're starting to make me doubt some of the bad things that I've been hearing about you :msp_confused: :jester:. I might be contacting you in the near future about a Jonsered 2095 :rock:.

Chris :monkey:

I must be doing something wrong, I've had a bad run of saw luck the last few days. :(

I had an 034 and an 036 Pro I was building, both have bad PTO case halves. :dizzy:

Anyone got any good 034/036 cases??? :D

uhaul truck would be better. :msp_biggrin:

tell your friend to keep you updated on that hybrid.

I'm sure he will. They will tear it all to hell before long and I'll have to fix it.

I need a few 044 parts to put me a saw together now. :cry:

I scared of acquiring a saw I don't want or need........

Understood, but this is a build off, I would imagine most would buy a saw, than sell it after the build off, or simply port one for somewone else like most did in the other build off. To be honest I really don't like the attitude some of the builders have, they seem to like what they like, and everything else they can't port is junk.

Understood, but this is a build off, I would imagine most would buy a saw, than sell it after the build off, or simply port one for somewone else like most did in the other build off. To be honest I really don't like the attitude some of the builders have, they seem to like what they like, and everything else they can't port is junk.

Build that 7900, and bring it. There's lots of unofficial timed cutting going on after the main event. Honestly, that's where most of the fun is. Sooner or later, there's apt to be a 7900 build-off, and you'll just be that far ahead of the curve. Now, I know you're not throwing me in this barrel with "some builders". I would never call a 7900 a piece of junk, just because they're not my favorite. What's buggin' ya?;)

Build that 7900, and bring it. There's lots of unofficial timed cutting going on after the main event. Honestly, that's where most of the fun is. Sooner or later, there's apt to be a 7900 build-off, and you'll just be that far ahead of the curve. Now, I know you're not throwing me in this barrel with "some builders". I would never call a 7900 a piece of junk, just because they're not my favorite. What's buggin' ya?;)

I'll throw anyone in that barrel I please.:tongue2:

I'm thinking 15 passenger van with a trailer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I can give you guys and idea of how long it will take in East TN. From Loudon just south of Knoxville to Murray takes me about 4.5 hours. Just came from West Ky this weekend again which makes my 8th trip since August. Only a few more to go. When time gets closer if I can go I don't mind driving its a routine drive for me. I maybe able to put a few folks up for the weekend (6 or 7) at our hunt club.

Last edited:

I never said I couldn't port a 7900. :msp_sneaky:

Nor did I call them junk.

I've only ran one and not enough to form an opinion. There are no Dolmar dealers.....hell there are no Dolmar saws in this area. Most guys here have never heard of the brand. I do like a challenge though Andre. I'll sell some parts and raise some cash over the next few weeks just to get a saw to build. I'm not flush with cash but I figure I can scare up a saw to build...just for you my friend.

Now are you willing to share tip and pointers on the subject??? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back