Stihl bar on Makita/Dolmar using Bailieys bar adaptor. with pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
DSC00291.jpg

Heres the bar adaptor slightly modified to fit over the screw, I used a stone in the Dremel, You can see the shiny part on the adaptor that i ground off.

DSC00292.jpg

Heres the adaptor in place.

DSC00293.jpg

Ready for the cover.

Last edited:
And yet it still smells of "sleeping with your cousin" ;)

Good idea if you have a Stihl bar you want to use. I have that many Husky mount bars though that if I bought a Stihl saw I'd swap the studs to 9mm and do the opposite.

Looking good Tommy. Brilliant as you folks say after a golaso.

The single dog looks cool too. Is that you're own fab job?

Now you got me thinking of a single dog too. Good show.

Bailey's bailed? (no Dolmar/Makita adapter)

Seems this adapter is no longer available. Only Stihl to husky adapter for $12 (2011) not $1 when initially posted. Bailey's FAQ state the current adapter wont work on 6400 and they're not sure 'bout 7900.

Simple/cheap alternative... washer or nut (hex or square) on each bar stud. I'm using hex nuts as spacers. Drilled centers so they easily slip over studs. Filed edges and reduced width (grinding wheel) so nuts match bar thickness and can slide freely for tensioning. YMMV but my Stihl bars have similar oiling holes (vary about 1/16") which works and is critical as well.

This came from an experienced and knowledgeable mechanic (not me) http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/msp_smile.gif

Bailey's bar (Dolmar/Makita) adapter

Howdy,
The adapter the OP is using is this one: Bailey's - Stihl to Husky Bar Adaptor Plate The reason we say it doesn't fit is because it has to be modified like in the OP's photos.
Regards
Gregg

Since it's an easy mod (and smart), perhaps update Bailey's FAQ accordingly. Just make clear adapter MUST be ground to clear screw between bar studs for Dolmar/Makita bars. Since I needed to accommodate both the Stihl 12mm slot and another (General Bar) with 14mm slot, the hex nuts (2 different sizes) were a good, cheap alternative.

Its still working great, Ive ran a lot of tanks through the saw with this bar with no problems.
Its oils really well BTW.

Wendell your 2171 wore a stihl light bar a lot when I used it.

Back