Microprocessor in a 262XPG.... yeat 1990?? WTF??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boskaerm

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The early 266xp also had a little door in the rear handle for some kind of electronic module, but like others have mentioned I don't believe it ever made into production. Could have been something along the lines of the Redlight on some of the 066 saws.

I think it was an early Auto-tune attempt. As far as I know it never made it to market.

As far as I know, what you said is the truth - all it caused on production saws is the "mystery" of the storage space in the rear handle of the early 262xp saws! :msp_biggrin:

Magnus over @ chainsawcollectors.se will know about the processor if anybody knows it will be him. I have one of the 262 coils 506-0272-05. In the box with the coil is an instruction sheet for using this coil on a Husky 44. The 44 has an external processor. The instructions say cut the wire going to 44 processor. Having said that I would assume that this coil has an internal processor/chip. It also has two slots for the top left mounting screw.
Shep

Mine got the little room in the rear handle! also some pics in the IPL, of "something" that goes in there!

Thanks for the air filter number, all my saws have the yellow one, and all of them came with the black one!

LOL.... I always wondered what the heck that space was all about too......LOL I got one 262 parts saw off ebay for a friends rebuild and it had 3 very old lefthanded cigarettes stashed in there....thought that what it was for??? LOL!!!

good point :msp_wink:

Mine got the little room in the rear handle! also some pics in the IPL, of "something" that goes in there!

Thanks for the air filter number, all my saws have the yellow one, and all of them came with the black one!

A couple of mine also came with the black "winter" one, but I made it a warrenty case - and got the yellow ones at no additional cost! :msp_smile:

LOL.... I always wondered what the heck that space was all about too......LOL I got one 262 parts saw off ebay for a friends rebuild and it had 3 very old lefthanded cigarettes stashed in there....thought that what it was for??? LOL!!!

Too close to the fuel to be a really suitable ashtray, imo! :laugh: :laugh:

A couple of mine also came with the black "winter" one, but I made it a warrenty case - and got the yellow ones at no additional cost! :msp_smile:

Onlu bought my 435 from new, so can´t claim warranty! As for the 435, it´s a bit funny, the part of the filter, where the mesh is, is yellow, the upper part is black :msp_unsure: But i believe, since the mesh part is yellow, it´s a yellow filter..

Latest posts

Back