555 pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Here's the 555 with a 20" on it. I'll get a video when the wife gets home in a bit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is from yesterday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nz6Wek7Bt8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My first impression with the 560xpg was a very snappy throttle responce for a new saw, but that may not be the case with the 555, since it lacks the "rev boost".....

It's pauls saw I just brought it home to put a 20" on it and see if it runs good the way I would set it up. I really like it with what I run it so far. It has plenty of power for that 16" bar. I thought the 20" might be a little heavier on it then it turned out. I'll try to hit the wood pile this evening or tomorrow evening at my friends house. He's got a good sized pile left of stuff we didn't cut with the 576. I do have one chunk of oak left here at home that's about 25" I might sink it into when the wife gets home. I don't have anyone here to watch the little one so I can go out and play:(

Paul you ain't getting it back.:msp_wink: I've got a video uploading. The guy at the mower shop/husky dealer didn't even know they made a 555. He kept saying a 455. I would have went to the other guy but he's closed on thursday so I couldn't. He was probably cheaper by a bit and actually knows something about saws. They do stock a 576 and 390 there which is surprising.

It's full comp RSK chain since that's all I had in a loop that size.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ImH0xahqGuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess so since they haven't been recalled. Whatever it is seems to work great. You can just lean on it and it keeps making power.

Paul you ain't getting it back.:msp_wink: I've got a video uploading. The guy at the mower shop/husky dealer didn't even know they made a 555. He kept saying a 455. I would have went to the other guy but he's closed on thursday so I couldn't. He was probably cheaper by a bit and actually knows something about saws. They do stock a 576 and 390 there which is surprising.

LOL, well that's fine. I knew when daddy got mad at me for buying it for him, I could prolly get her to a new home rather quickly. She is amazing for sure. And Mike, if your impressed enough to buy her then that says one heckuva lot. But make no doubt about it, she's all that and then some. Glad you like her. I just hope the 562XP lives up to her billing. Honestly Mike, I just cant see it being that better than the 555. Or any much better at all........the 555 is the cats meow.......

LOL, well that's fine. I knew when daddy got mad at me for buying it for him, I could prolly get her to a new home rather quickly. She is amazing for sure. And Mike, if your impressed enough to buy her then that says one heckuva lot. But make no doubt about it, she's all that and then some. Glad you like her. I just hope the 562XP lives up to her billing. Honestly Mike, I just cant see it being that better than the 555. Or any much better at all........the 555 is the cats meow.......

I guess my 560xpg is even better! :clap: :clap:

I guess my 560xpg is even better! :clap: :clap:

Niko, if the 560XPG is really a good 1/2 hp stronger than the 555, then......well......heck, I dunno what really to say other than you will prolly forget about your 346......:msp_wink:

Niko, if the 560XPG is really a good 1/2 hp stronger than the 555, then......well......heck, I dunno what really to say other than you will prolly forget about your 346......:msp_wink:
That is not going to happen, as the weight difference is pretty obvious to me, with proper cutting attachments in place, and full tanks!

Don't worry about going off topic here. I'll probably hi jack my own thread anyway.:msp_biggrin:

I did run it for just a minute today and it was a 3 pull starter.

Ran a half a tank through it today messing around. Got one video of it in sycamore. The 2nd one is the 576 and 660 in the same log.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/24QAZesMYwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/la03qiLzNjI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back