Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JigSaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you guys have seen my two threads about the TCM saws.

Are any of you guys a fan, or want your chainsaw to mean something other than JUST a chainsaw? Well, I can help! :laugh:

I have tons of reference pictures of the chainsaws from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre from 1974, AND both the recent ones (2003 and The Beginning).

The two chainsaws are Poulan 245a (1974) and the Husqvarna 359 (2003 and The Beginning). They were all repainted and altered to avoid copy rights.

The Poulan 245a (originally green) were painted using the John Deere Yellow spray paint. They used a piece of black electrical tape over the Poulan logo (or where it used to be). It's also been said the the Sears model of this same chainsaw came yellow and may be the real one they used.

The Husqvarna's (originally orange) were painted with Painter's Touch's red and black. It has a 20" chrome bar. The "handles" (sorry, I don't know all the parts of the chainsaw) were ducktaped. Some chainsaws had rubber bars, others had real ones with a bike chain, and real chains as well to actually cutting.

Hope this information helps some people! :chainsawguy:

If you guys have questions, let me know. I'm not expert, but I'm dieing to see someone convert these right. :D

Poulan 245a Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

old-005.jpg

TCM1saw.jpg

TXCHAINSAW-43.jpg

TXCHAINSAW-28.jpg

TXCHAINSAW-23.jpg

Husqvarna 359 Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

remake-035.jpg

remake-038.jpg

remake-039.jpg

remake-042.jpg

TCM2003-001.jpg

TCM2003-005.jpg

The Beginning
TCMBeginning-002.jpg

I have to admit, I kinda look for the chainsaws in these films.
They sure give bad rep to "rural" folks, though. :greenchainsaw:

Has anybody tested the protective ability of a bloody leather apron??:hmm3grin2orange:

Funny thing is, in a photoshoot for Eminem's "Jason" shots (aka, him dressed up in a crappy costume with a ???? hockeymask, overalls and a chainsaw), Eminem was holding the SAME chainsaw that Leatherface uses in the remake and prequel!:rockn:

The yellow Poulan looks allot like a Pioneer. Allot of the Poulan/partner/pioneers looked the same. That colors of that saw defiantly look like Pioneer yellow. I am not sure what year Electrolux bought Pioneer from Outboard Marine Corporation.

ok so now that I own a 245a I need the part number of the jd yellow to turn mine into a replica and then sell on e-bay for 500.00 any takers she runs like a top and cuts good to boot but she scares me in bore cuts (no chain break) and has a lot of oomph for a 74 cc saw.

ok so now that I own a 245a I need the part number of the jd yellow to turn mine into a replica and then sell on e-bay for 500.00 any takers she runs like a top and cuts good to boot but she scares me in bore cuts (no chain break) and has a lot of oomph for a 74 cc saw.
Yep ha,ha,ha billed as the "understudy" too the original!:clap:

He has an awful big bar on that 359, I don't think it will pull a 28" bar very well.

Well remember it's only cutting off arms, hands, head's and the like:monkey: Prolly not a problem :cheers:

I suspect that the chainsaw on TCM 2 is a Poulan 4200 painted orange, as you can see the green color in scratches.would it really?:rock:

IDK about what saws were used, but i've always wanted to build an 026 all black and chrome. these movies inspired me to want to do this. like have the cases powder coated black, all the plastics painted black too. then have the bar, muffler, top handle, pull rope handle, all the visible screws, etc. all done in chrome.

i would love to kill people with chainsaws, but my wife keeps making take the meds...

Latest posts

Back