The best bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsumura Bar sources?

I'd like to try out a Tsumura bar on my Husky and was wondering where you all are sourcing these? I didn't have much luck with a quick google seach.

what do you guys think about the aluminum core bars?

They are a very poor idea, other than plastic, aluminum would be or is about the worst choice for a material to put on a bar, as a filler, as it has about zero memory of its shape, so you bend it a little and it stays bent.

The Stihl ES Lite bars are not aluminum cored, they are simply hollow with steel ribs When I wear one out, I'm going to cut the welded panel out and check out my theory, but I'm pretty sure the Stihl ES Lite bars start out as one piece and then they mill out the pocket and "strengthing" ribs in the middle and then weld a steel panel over that hollow section and they is how they maintain, their great strength to weight ratio. I have about 8 ES Lite bars and many, many regular ES bars, they are a very good quality bar for the money.

I have one Cannon bar and have cut with others that have used Cannon bars and they are super high quality, but they are so dang heavy, to the point that you don't wonder if it is a Cannon hanging off the end of your saw ....... you know it is, LOL, and they are expensive.

Sam

I have found that the ES bars are best for me. Last a long, long time and are tough.

Yes, those ES Lite bars are beautiful things. However, the price wants to give me an aneurism. I cannot justify it. 90% of my cutting can be done with 25" or 20" bars, so maybe I'd feel differently if I had to use a longer bar all the time.

The only true alu core bars are the Husky TechLite - Oregon and Stihl use alu inserts on their light bars, not an alu core. :msp_wink:

Just wondering where you got the information that the Stihl ES Lite bars have an Aluminum inserts, because I have crushed them and it certainly does not appear to have an Aluminum insert in there, but I could be wrong.

Sam

I'd like to try out a Tsumura bar on my Husky and was wondering where you all are sourcing these? I didn't have much luck with a quick google seach.

If you have a jonsered dealer they will usually carry the total branded tsumura bars.

Are Sugi Hara bars all they are cracked up to be?? they look great but was wondering how their functionality was

IMO, I would get a 28"ES Light for that 460. Stihl makes an EXCELLENT Light bar in my inexperienced opinion.
Its gonna look really sweet on that saw as well!

Photo0075.jpg

Nice Polaris. Is that a 350L 2X4?

My next question is.......... Do all bars when they are new have the same rail depth? I am tempted to buy a couple different brands and to some testing

does anyone know if a 32 inch stihl light is out yet ? all i seem to see are 28 inch ones

Are Sugi Hara bars all they are cracked up to be?? they look great but was wondering how their functionality was

I have one, no complaints yet. Not as light as some of the others, but sure cant beat the price on them. I have a 30" on my MS441 CM which I use for some falling and a ton of bucking. Only had it a month or 2 but the bar seems great...

IMG_20111211_134225.jpg

Just wondering where you got the information that the Stihl ES Lite bars have an Aluminum inserts, because I have crushed them and it certainly does not appear to have an Aluminum insert in there, but I could be wrong.

Sam

After you explained it (hollow centre of the bar), I no longer believe the insert is aluminium. Your description makes more sence.

Stihl ES or ES Light. Most people will never saw enough to wear one out, most don't cut enough to ever wear the paint off one of their bars.lol It great that Stihl invested millions of dollars in the new state of the art bar factory in Virginia Beach creating many new jobs for Americans.

i have run all Stihl es bars until a month or so ago. i bought a couple Frost Bite bars i've been wanting to try. they are GB bars that are cryogenically frozen blah, blah, blah, to really harden them. they do chains as well but i have read that the chains can only be sharpened with a grinder which i don't have so i stick with the bars for now. so far the Frost Bite bars are holding up great, but i''l know more this time next year.

Stihl ES or ES Light. Most people will never saw enough to wear one out, most don't cut enough to ever wear the paint off one of their bars.lol It great that Stihl invested millions of dollars in the new state of the art bar factory in Virginia Beach creating many new jobs for Americans.

Stihl announced they are increasing production here in VA Beach and adding 1900 more jobs!

Latest posts

Back