Tools you cant do without when fixing saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am gonna say old tshirt rag. Wonder how many of them ive used. Real tool would be a craftsman ratcheting magnetic screwdriver with replaceable tips.
:givebeer:

I would hate to be without an impact wrench to zip off clutches. Just to be safe I am warning others that may use an impact wrench , they can zip off the end of the crankshaft also so make sure its turning the right way and don't use any more torque then neccessary to get the job done. I also never use a piston stop this way.
An old fashioned speed wrench is nice to have handy at the bench for bar nuts also.
Hemostats I use a lot also and an air compressor is tough to do without.
I also find the compression gauge very valuble in the amount of saws I work on.

a hole harbor freight store!
they already have vices mounted to the work bench, air compresses and almost any tool you need including pepper spray.
the only problem is when the store manager asks "what the hell are you doing" and they don't take working on my saw for an answer..

I like to have mowoodchopper with me:popcorn: he's pretty handy and usually has what I need as far as tools go. Not bad for a brother in law:buttkick:

I like to have mowoodchopper with me:popcorn: he's pretty handy and usually has what I need as far as tools go. Not bad for a brother in law:buttkick:

My buddy owns an automotive shop. Some years back we started getting into smaller engines (like chainsaws) and such. Wonder how that happened?:laugh:

I could probably do just as well without any tools as more often than not I end up making the problem worse. No mechanical aptitude and not much patience, but I keep plugging away at it.

I'm amazed at some of the homemade tools I see on this site.

dishwasher and big stainless sink!

attachment.php

I like useing bamboo shish kabob skewers, you can sharpen them up in the pencil sharpener when they get dull. They are long and for the most part wont scratch anything. I also couldn't be without my air compressor, assorted pullers, bondhus t27, vac/pressure tester, patience, and assorted New Glarus beer.

How about a large speaker magnet to hold tools in place.Also a Drum Brake shoe return spring. Works like a charm to go fishing for gas filters.Just my .02$ worth, Ken

a makita impact driver and various bits i can dismantle a whole saw in minutes:rock: oooh and beer:D

One tool I use the most.

An old cheaply made steak knief. It came in a fishing tackle box at a garage sale. I dig saw cake out of all the nooks and crannys with it. Scrape gasket surface, paint and carbon off pistons. Pry points apart to look at the contact surface. Keep it near my right hand next to my ash tray.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who views beer as an essential tool.

Oh and don't forget the ####ty boombox that only picks up one station which is usually country to classic rock -- gotta have the tunes and the brews.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who views beer as an essential tool.

Oh and don't forget the $#!+ty boombox that only picks up one station which is usually country to classic rock -- gotta have the tunes and the brews.

The beer thing is one of the big things that sucks about doing this for a living. :frown:

How did you know my boombox only picks up one station?

Latest posts

Back