New wood shed. Pics!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For best wood drying results the more air flow the better. A roof like that will prevent snow build up on the wood...which is a nuisance if you want to burn that split immediately. imo sides will stifle the air flow. Sure sides may keep the rain off but rain isn't a show stopper if you want to burn prime seasoned wood. Next to our friend the sun the wind is the 2nd best agent to drying splits out. Merry Christmas to all.

Good deal, I shopped for months…best price I could find was at Manards and it was around $650.00 for a 11’X18’. I picked it up and also assembled it. I bought two of them and put them end to end. Works great.

Something to add real quick…I put the first one of mine together in 3.5 hrs using mainly a cordless screw driver, step ladder and common sense. I built it in my pole barn and then pulled it to where I wanted it with my ATV. Real easy. The second one went up even faster.

Wood shed/Carport

This is mine. So far the four rows on the left are seasoned and the 6 on the right I cut this summer. Mostly white oak, red oak and black walnut. Cut some poplar for kindling, don't know how that will go, seems to mold really fast. No snow so far, I put up the heavy duty canvas tarps on the side with the seasoned wood so we will not have to mess with snow if and when we get some in NE Pennsylvania. I hope the pics attach.

XTROOPER

Carport/Wood Shed

I know many on this forum don't like the carports, but I don't think it looks too bad and is located behind my home. It is 18X26 and I have the wood stacked about 6 ft. high (some places higher) I used the Maine Attorney General firewood calculator and it shows each row is about 1.2 cords, so 12 cords total? Seems like more to me, but maybe not.

XTROOPER

This is mine. So far the four rows on the left are seasoned and the 6 on the right I cut this summer. Mostly white oak, red oak and black walnut. Cut some poplar for kindling, don't know how that will go, seems to mold really fast. No snow so far, I put up the heavy duty canvas tarps on the side with the seasoned wood so we will not have to mess with snow if and when we get some in NE Pennsylvania. I hope the pics attach.

XTROOPER

When I look at all of that firewood stacked up so nice, I can only imagine how much work it took to get it there. It looks great.

Hauling wood good for the soul

Just putting in some standing oak today. No two ways about it, a lot of work.

XTROOPER

We had one of those put up several years ago, it does well. I just wish I had gotten it a couple of feet taller so that the tractor could move the pallet racks in and out.

Ken

Shed

Because I have been reading some forums, I thought about that and got it quite a bit higher than standard. I don't have a tractor, but would like to get one in the future.

Latest posts

Back