another wood ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make that three for Cherry!
Love the way it smells when it burns.
Pops though, sometimes big ones that make me get off the couch and go check the fireplace:msp_w00t:

12690820.jpg

I stand here corrected.... and educated.

time to get the tree book out again & learn....I suppose I owe my excuse to the past 5 years worth of free red oak that have my skills of ID'ng a bit out of sorts...

Another vote for Wild Cherry, just loaded the furnace with a mix of it and some denser (Oak, Shag Bark Hickory) good firewood!!good score!

First clue on apple is...it smells like apple! Good wood, but sucks to split. Clue two..you might notice you are standing in a "forest" where all the trees are sorta in neat rows...., with a big old farmer with veins coming out on his forehead, holding a shootemupgun, staring at you hard, with your chainsaw in hand and buncha cut down trees lying around.... That's the second clue it proly wasn't apple, because I bet ya didn't see that....

You have ...that other fruitwood...forget what it is called now...got a bunch...shari...that's it, shari wood! Some name like that....

Latest posts

Back