Taylor OWB update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4b316

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well,been running our new(used) Taylor OWB about a week now and couldn't be happier.Fired it up tues and shut off the oil.Couple little hiccups(put the pump in backwards,don't ask me how) but after that got straighten out,was fine.Running it thur a 25X22 heat exchanger.Installed the domestic hot water plate heater thurs and had instant hot water.Got down to 15 below last nite and still had a good bed of coals and put 6 blocks in it.We left the hot water tricling also as it usually freezes up when it gets this cold(zero right now)have about $900 in everything,stove,lines,exchanger,pump etc.Only thing I,m kicking myself for is not running domestic water to the stove so that I could have hot water in my garden hose to wash my truck outside,already has a hot water setup in the stove.We made our own insulated lines also

Congrats! It feels good to have control of your heating costs and at $900 invested you'll break even by spring I'm guessing. Taylors aren't the most efficient but they last forever. Mine is well over 20 years old and still kicking.

burn rate

yes I have heard that.my cousin has a new central boiler and he is heating about the same square footage and we are using about the same amount of wood so i gues not too bad.We have a big Central boiler at church and i put a big wheel barrow full of wood in it this morning and filled it about halfway.Has a 4 foot deep firebox on that big stove,Wood is about 18 inches long and will go thur about 1 face cord every two-three days

I have a taylor 750 ,heats my old house and my 2400 sq. ft. store.4500 sq. ft. all together. Natural gas bill last month was 32.00:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Sounds like you did good. Guy I've worked with for the past 17 years has a Taylor that was installed in 1991 and still going. He says he'll have to buy another one after this winter. Said he's gotten all the good out of this one. It served him well.

Back