Tactical use of a chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiwnios

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Tactical use of a chainsaw

221106d1328117651-01-jpg
221108d1328118938-02-jpg

Last edited:
The residents are very, very lucky to have survived the assault. Most do not.

And now she'll sue, win BIG money, and WE will have to pay it.

Using a chainsaw as a tactikewl tool is stoopid.

Back in the mid 80's there was a "Anticipated need" for breeching the walls of what was essentially mobile homes, and the genious minds upstairs in my Battalion came up with the idea of a rescue saw.

Det cord tended to just blow a ragged dent with random holes, and after trashing half a dozen trailers trying to make it work, the saw was tried.
It worked, but slowly and all element of surprise was lost, so the matter went back upstairs and a run tthrough with simunitions was called for.
The Saw Jockey got capped both times, and the adversary maintained control over the primary access point and "Hostage" plus whoever was unlucky enough to be stacked on either side of the portal.

That's when one of the young guys pointed to a ladder, and suggested using windows.:hmm3grin2orange:
Sometimes, the obvious is obvious, and it takes someone with nothing to lose, to point it out.;)

Sorry. Chainsaws ain't tacticool, no matter how bad the LT wants one.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Why would you bring a chainsaw to a gun fight?

Because a trained T-Rex is hard to come by these days?

The FBI screwed the pooch. Haligan tool or Thor would have been safer for everyone involved and a LOT quicker.
I gotta wonder what the TLO's are at FLOETC these days.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The residents are very, very lucky to have survived the assault. Most do not.

And now she'll sue, win BIG money, and WE will have to pay it.

Using a chainsaw as a tactikewl tool is stoopid.

They should be sued. After a two year investigation, what a bunch of clowns.

Last edited:
It happens

There are times that a chainsaw is the right tool for the right job. This was the F.B.I. and they simply had the wrong place. If it was the correct place, the drug den, no harm, no foul.

They should make it right with the victim here, but sometimes a chainsaw is "just right."

XTROOPER

There are times that a chainsaw is the right tool for the right job. This was the F.B.I. and they simply had the wrong place. If it was the correct place, the drug den, no harm, no foul.
They should make it right with the victim here, but sometimes a chainsaw is "just right."
XTROOPER

:waaaht:

I don't understand how these guys FAIL so badly

In my state we don't even require the Police have a HS diploma. These buffoons would fit right in! When they get together to practice how they are going to violate innocent mothers rights and terrify children do they get collectively stupider? I mean these idiots are making 100K/year and can't even get the right house address! What a bunch of clowns..very dangerous clowns with assault rifles, licenses to kill and apparently chainsaws.:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

This is right up their alley. AK47 w/ Chainsaw Boyonet
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dbA9W0eOpbY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regards,

Saws

The most important question is how many multiples of the retail price did the F.B.I. spend for this "tactical weapon". Obviously no one ever taught the operator the dangers of running an internal combustion engine in a confined, indoor space.

Maybe it was Strato

I hear the Strato saws exhaust smells like French Fries! mmm mmm tasty

To be fair to the cops they prolly have alot more to worry about than inhaling exhaust....Like inhaling a magazine of bullets! Or constantly covering up their gross negligence! Or being first in line when the donuts show up!

I don't understand how a 15 yo pizza delivery person can find addresses but a whole tactical assault team cannot!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Regards,

SAWs

That doesn't make sense, I mean, how long would it take to cut the door? IF it was even the right apartment, I don't think the criminals would be very surprised by noise of someone pull-starting a chainsaw, making 4 cuts into the door, then kicking it in.

What happened to the old battering ram thingy?

And they still had to kick it in? The saw marks look strange, like they cut the top in several cuts or something. The end cuts even look strange, like they were holding the saw against the wall while cutting or something, looks like marks a circular saw would make, unless maybe it was like a 460R with the guard in place or something.

Wouldn't two plunge cuts around the lock accomplish the same thing?

Wierd.

But come to think of it, maybe not as wierd as me thinking about all that.... :dizzy:

Last edited:
I might be a tad off topic here, but my home defense primary weapon is a 20 gauge shotgun. While rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, without aiming, target is eliminated, and I know all backstops of every inch of the house. The Ruger 10/22, and various high powered rifles are at hand as well.

That doesn't make sense, I mean, how long would it take to cut the door? IF it was even the right apartment, I don't think the criminals would be very surprised by noise of someone pull-starting a chainsaw, making 4 cuts into the door, then kicking it in.

What happened to the old battering ram thingy?

And they still had to kick it in? The saw marks look strange, like they cut the top in several cuts or something. The end cuts even look strange, like they were holding the saw against the wall while cutting or something, looks like marks a circular saw would make, unless maybe it was like a 460R with the guard in place or something.

Wouldn't two plunge cuts around the lock accomplish the same thing?

Wierd.

But come to think of it, maybe not as wierd as me thinking about all that.... :dizzy:

Well, actually, they goofed when the ordered it. They should have bought Ripping Chain....

The FBI crew was watching 'The Shining' on DVD on the way to the suspects address.

"Hey Boss, I got an idea. We use a chainsaw to go through the door. The scare factor alone should have them on the ground by the time we're in."

"Great idea Johnny. You take the lead and let them know when your through the door!"

If you're going to use a chainsaw to create a passage to get inside of a place, why not be mildly creative and go through a random wall. A door is a bit predictable.

And regarding the noise factor that several people have mentioned, I'm sure they were stealth about it, and used a McCulloch 1-72. They have this funny muffler that has a flip down perforated plate that allows you to supposedly choose between two different noise intensities; deafening AND blood pouring out of your ears.

Maybe it was one of the new Oregon cordless jobbies. Ya know, paint it black and stencil "Swat" on it, and BINGO!! Tactical stealth chainsaw!

Xtrooper brings up a good point. Chainsaws CAN be the right Breeching tool depending on the situation, and barrier.
This just wasn't either of those..and a wrong address to boot. So much for "Secure in thier persons, houses etc." and all that antiquated old timey stuff in the 4th amendment.

I got to thinking about that aspect, and the recent trend of thugs hollering "Police don't move" as they kick in the door, and then assault, rob, rape, the occupants.

Take a chainsaw to the front doot while hollering "Police", and most reasonable folks will holler back "I'm the popes Daughter" while sending lead through the door, be damn justified in doing so, and no jury in these parts will take more than 5min. to agree.

Law enforcement dosn't use chainsaws on doors, Leatherface and homicidal drunks do.
The FBI needs to be slapped hard, as they clearly have lost any sort of respect and common sense, and are a danger to themselves and citizens. The arrogance diplayed in this case is repulsive and clearly indicative of an out of control Govt. agency that has no oversight or accountability to the people.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well, now that it happened and found itself in the mainstream once, and there was no fatally horrific result, things can go to "11" the next time, and it might not be that big of a deal. You gotta do these things incrementally.

Hopefully, folks in NYC and other like areas don't become accustom to the sound of saws in the hallways. Gunshots, honking cars, and sirens are quite enough.

Latest posts

Back