Burning Tires?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just found out why Pook is so hard to understand.

"A 'Pook' is a being from a far off planet which was destroyed in terrible intagalactic war. According to stories dating from the 13th century, Pooks were reknowned for their kindness, softness and their ceaseless ability to love and be loved. The planet was predominanly pink, as were the Pooks themselves. Most buildings and plants were edible but soft, with no hard edges or corners. This story didn't change until the early 1980's when it was said that because of their naivety and inability to think the worst of people, the Pooks were not able to defend themselves when a rogue race of aliens invaded and destroyed their planet on March 16th 1981. Folklore says that one lone Pook escaped with their life and has inhabited a human body, living undetected somewhere in England, although this has never been proved. "
2bad u cant put this seeming creativity into how to burn a tire properly & as a whole:bowdown:

I have found that when burning tires they smoke a lot less when soaked in transformer oil or mixed with penta treated wood.

:stupid:

Yup, we burned a bunch of penta treated wood at the gun club. As a benefity there were no mosquitoes either. I would stay out of the smoke though.:hmm3grin2orange:

barndumb,

Thanx for your timely reply. It was everything eye expected and more. Thanx 4 not disappointing .
When I come here sometimes I offer help, sometimes I ask for help and sometimes I laugh at the fact some people sit here waiting to pounce with loads of BS they dig up in there simple little minds.
Please take BS to "other" room as previously stated.

ironically, I'd bet the local barnumbs are burning OWBs that pollute long after & before humorous retreads

barndumb,

Thanx for your timely reply. It was everything eye expected and more. Thanx 4 not disappointing .
When I come here sometimes I offer help, sometimes I ask for help and sometimes I laugh at the fact some people sit here waiting to pounce with loads of BS they dig up in there simple little minds.
Please take BS to "other" room as previously stated.

To bad your not smart enough to IGNORE a thread that is not your cup of tea.

The only thing you have done in this one is whine and complain....even pook attempted to bring his version of facts.

Like I said Me thinx you should go thin yourself.

The above term "thin" is in no way in reference to profane language.

Darin
The Big Kahuna

TO ALL: After reading much of the information provided by Pook above, it seems to be misinformed and even dangerous in some cases. Please disregard any posts made by him before this post. I have informed him and will inform you all, if you are giving out bad information knowingly you will be banned from this site and if somebody gets hurt by your poor information, you could be personally liable. This could include jail time or be at the very least financially liable. You are personally liable for anything you say on here or any other website!!! Since there seems to be so many posts with poor/dangerous information, I feel it has to be on purpose as nobody can believe many of the things that have been said, which includes the poster.
Thanks!!! Have a Happy, warm Holiday to everyone!! Also, Thanks to all that try to help others on here and have a genuine interest in making this a site full of good/useful information.

Other things to check out.
Google Map.
Arboristsite Facebook Fan Club
Tweet Arboristsite

Some funny stuff back when

Just had to give this one a bump.

Been laughing for 10 minutes over this stuff

:hmm3grin2orange:

think it's time to cash in those credits for new name :laugh:

Last edited:
hmm I been thinking of tossing a tire in my OWB to get back at the neighbor that burns his trash and what ever unGodly stink producing thing he can find... it will stink for 3 days...

hmmm:hmm3grin2orange:

Well I really enjoyed reading all the posts so far. I am just shocked that all you heat gurus missed the best heating fuel out there. Bowling Balls!
I once had a bonfire after cleaning out the chicken coop and there were a few old bowling balls in there and my friend decided to toss one in while I wasn't looking.
Well it looked a bit like the mushroom cloud from Hiroshima and I panicked when I saw it. I was envisioning a giant firetruck in the backyard, hoses running to and fro, my picture on the front page of the paper "Local beer drinker sets town alight" and also the monetary distress that such an event would cause. So I quickly grabbed a 2x4 and pushed it out of the fire where it continued to burn along with the grass it was now resting on.
I ran up and kicked it to get it rolling (stop, drop and roll) and it rolled along the backyard still on fire leaving black trails of burnt grass and gunk the whole time still belching enormous clouds of thick, black smoke. I think I kicked that ball around half of the back yard trying to get it to go out when I finally gave up and ran for the garden hose. Even the water just glanced off the flames for the first few seconds.
When all was said and done the bowling ball looked to be no smaller and no worse for wear however my back yard was a shambles and the smoke in the air must have killed half a dozen unfortunate birds that had set their GPS to route through my yards air space. Oh and a bowling ball would fit in your wood stove! No splitting required.
(disclaimer "Please don't burn bowling balls......again)
:after_boom:

Burning Hydrocarbon fuel produces carbon dioxide, water and some Carbon Monoxide. If the the fuel is not entirely burned, you will get that thick black smoke which is primarily unburned hydrocarbons (fuel). The danger, I believe, from burning fuel from unknown origin.....tires for example, is that the impurities in there that could be toxic.

I'm sure a properly designed incinerator can consume all the HC fuel in the tire and get complete combustion. What is left over in the ash and waste is a question in my mind.

When I see a tree down I think of heat , fuel ect.....I'm not there with a tire yet.

My father owned a tire wholesale business for 40 years....I humped my share of passenger tires right up to 12.00 x 22 split ring trailer tires....It never occurred to me that I could be handling someone's heating fuel down the road.:laugh:

I didn't realize how old this thread was till I saw pook was one of the last posters. Then I looked a little closer at the dates. Sometimes I miss pook. I almost never understood what he said, but I got lots of good information when the other guys started tearing his arguments apart.

Burning tires

Heck you might as well throw a few batteries in there to. That help finish your stove off no warranty I bet. Go to town and gets some free pallets.

Latest posts

Back