Kung Fu and the Art of Wood Splitting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wrote a small novel on the simple task of splitting wood. Getting into the mindset and all that. Then you mentioned picking up girls. Now excuse me for being blunt but with your eloquent way with words and need to get into the zone and such, I find it hard to believe that you actually get to use your wood with the ladies.:msp_scared:

Don't Dwell On It Too Long.

You wrote a small novel on the simple task of splitting wood. Getting into the mindset and all that. Then you mentioned picking up girls. Now excuse me for being blunt but with your eloquent way with words and need to get into the zone and such, I find it hard to believe that you actually get to use your wood with the ladies.:msp_scared:

There is a mindset for every thing if you have one.

There is a mindset for every thing if you have one.

Well it apears that you dwell on the simple stuff way too much. Now courting the ladies is not a simple task. I wager that you have a 30 step process for initiating the conversation. Use as an example the simple task of wood splitting. With the production you made of it my deduction is you will still be finding your mindset as the gals go home with someone else.

As I sit here drinking my homebrew by the fire it all starts to make sense. That's all.

And yet another installment from the moron brigade.

I think woodcutter is trying to set some sort of record for the most frequent pointless threads. What is this like 18-20 in 5 days?

IMHO, so far, 1 is too many.

Guy seems to be trying to escape from solitary confinement, or just needs to get out more.

He's VERY impressed with himself, but needs more practice w/basic English. "Tenants"?

If he'd listen better (zip lips) he'd learn more. Maybe.

Do the mods have any cure for excessive drivel/senseless verbiage?

Mindset

Well it apears that you dwell on the simple stuff way too much. Now courting the ladies is not a simple task. I wager that you have a 30 step process for initiating the conversation. Use as an example the simple task of wood splitting. With the production you made of it my deduction is you will still be finding your mindset as the gals go home with someone else.

I was born with one.

IMHO, so far, 1 is too many.

Guy seems to be trying to escape from solitary confinement, or just needs to get out more.

He's VERY impressed with himself, but needs more practice w/basic English. "Tenants"?

If he'd listen better (zip lips) he'd learn more. Maybe.

Do the mods have any cure for excessive drivel/senseless verbiage?

You are correct. It's tenets.
We fly by the seat of our pants here. Is that less verbose for ya?

I'm not sure if he is off his meds or on drugs. Maybe it's one in the same?
What say you TV Cutt-Wood?

Sometimes I wonder. Entertaining...yes. Informative...yes.....Oh Hell no I can't even say that with a straight face. I will admit I like reading this guy's post just so I can hear everyone rip on him. Right or wrong, don't care it's funny. I suppose I am adding fuel to the fire but the gosh darn most interesting man in the world and his kung foo splitting almost had me in tears.

have you ever tried to relax and run a splitting maul through a 30 inch slippery elm? I don't know about you but I need a 20 yard running start and one of those mini-trampolines to jump on right in front of the round and I will admit I make some cursory grunts as I slam that maul into the wood with every ounce of energy I can muster.
It really sucks when it just bounces off. That is when i whip out the Crane Technique!
:beat_plaster:

That's why I read my post, Bush. These guys keep me in stitches. Ramping it up.

Yeah Yeah! I like to kid around and joke and if you are around me and my cohorts long enough you better have thick skin because we just love to rag on each other.

There is a line that can be crossed however and if you and the others don't mind I will stay on my side of the line and just laugh my butt off.

Do you think the Crane Technique (Karate Kid 1) would really work or should I use the drum technique. (Karate Kid 2)

I'm not sure if he is off his meds or on drugs.

I don’t believe it is either.

I’ve been trying to put together a profile of the man… trying to sort through the obvious BS and grasp the underlying. That’s part of the reason I’ve egged him on a bit in a couple threads… tried to push a button or two.

Here’s what I have so far…
  1. There’s a streak of insecurity present. The biggest clue to that was the thread he started about his decision to move to northern Minnesota because “it doesn’t get cold enough where he lives”. The next was his commenting he wished it would get “sub-zero again” so he could “wind up some two-stroke on some oak”. It’s as though he needs to “prove” to us he can handle the cold… insecure about the fact that he lives below the 45th parallel. In some way he believes we’ll look down on him because he doesn’t live where the extreme cold is… doesn’t live where the heat from a fire can mean life or death (in his mind).
  2. He also feels inadequate at times. For example, his signature contains not only specific brand names, but even more detail so we’ll know he has the best (in his mind)… he’s making up for his feelings of inadequacy with material things. We not only know he has a Dodge with an intercooled Cummins, but he felt the need to add that it was “First Generation”. We even know the brand of his felling wedges, brand and color of bar oil, saw mix uses Stihl Synthetic, and his Redwing boots are “Pro Logger USA”. Then there’s the taekwondo stuff, the girls (but he has kids at home?), training, etc. I have a gut feeling that some of his inadequacy feelings are because he’s of small(er) build (but that’s just a gut feeling). Even a 200,000 BTU wood boiler… 200,000? In southern Illinois? He just had too make sure his was the biggest.
  3. He’s bored, or his wife is working and he’s the stay-at-home dad, or both. It’s been a slow week at work and I’ve been in the office so I’ve been able to log into AS several times a day if I want… and every time I do log in throughout the day he’s made at least one (if not more) posts. Something has him tied to the house… I’m thinking he’s out of work, the wife is workin, and he’s forced to be Mr. Mom (which could also add to the inadequacy feelings). That explains the sudden exits to walk the dog or kill the neighbors woodchuck… it’s a kid or two.
  4. He wants us to believe he’s a non-conformist, a rebel, a revolutionary… hence the “I promise to move firewood” thread (fits in with the insecurity and inadequacy). He builds guitars... really? That’s quite a time consuming hobby for someone who’s profile pages says he “Love Live Eat Sleep Breathe Woodcutting and Woodburning, has interests in “Pyrolysis and Bowhunting”, and has an occupation as a “Building Contractor and Part-Time Tree Removal”… wherever does he find the time to build guitars, be a rebel and post for days, multiple times on AS?
I’ll let y’all know as I come up with more.

I’ve been trying to put together a profile of the man… trying to sort through the obvious BS and grasp the underlying. That’s part of the reason I’ve egged him on a bit in a couple threads… tried to push a button or two.

1. There’s a streak of insecurity present. The biggest clue to that was the thread he started about his decision to move to northern Minnesota because “it doesn’t get cold enough where he lives”. The next was his commenting he wished it would get “sub-zero again” so he could “wind up some two-stroke on some oak”. It’s as though he needs to “prove” to us he can handle the cold… insecure about the fact that he lives below the 45th parallel. In some way he believes we’ll look down on him because he doesn’t live where the extreme cold is… doesn’t live where the heat from a fire can mean life or death (in his mind).
  2. He also feels inadequate at times. For example, his signature contains not only specific brand names, but even more detail so we’ll know he has the best (in his mind)… he’s making up for his feelings of inadequacy with material things. We not only know he has a Dodge with an intercooled Cummins, but he felt the need to add that it was “First Generation”. We even know the brand of his felling wedges, brand and color of bar oil, saw mix uses Stihl Synthetic, and his Redwing boots are “Pro Logger USA”. Then there’s the taekwondo stuff, the girls (but he has kids at home?), training, etc. I have a gut feeling that some of his inadequacy feelings are because he’s of small(er) build (but that’s just a gut feeling). Even a 200,000 BTU wood boiler… 200,000? In southern Illinois? He just had too make sure his was the biggest.
  3. He’s bored, or his wife is working and he’s the stay-at-home dad, or both. It’s been a slow week at work and I’ve been in the office so I’ve been able to log into AS several times a day if I want… and every time I do log in throughout the day he’s made at least one (if not more) posts. Something has him tied to the house… I’m thinking he’s out of work, the wife is workin, and he’s forced to be Mr. Mom (which could also add to the inadequacy feelings). That explains the sudden exits to walk the dog or kill the neighbors woodchuck… it’s a kid or two.
  4. He wants us to believe he’s a non-conformist, a rebel, a revolutionary… hence the “I promise to move firewood” thread (fits in with the insecurity and inadequacy). He builds guitars... really? That’s quite a time consuming hobby for someone who’s profile pages says he “Love Live Eat Sleep Breathe Woodcutting and Woodburning, has interests in “Pyrolysis and Bowhunting”, and has an occupation as a “Building Contractor and Part-Time Tree Removal”… wherever does he find the time to build guitars, be a rebel and post for days, multiple times on AS?

I find it amusing that you actually took the time to read all that and memorize it all

223114d1328929130-farside-gifted0001-jpg

View attachment 223114

Well Rob1276,

As far as time… I get out’a bed every day between 4:00-5:00 AM, sometimes earlier. I make the coffee and sit down at the computer to check weather, read a couple of news services (I almost never watch TV, anytime of the day), and then I log into AS (and a couple other boards) and read all the new posts… all the new posts. That usually works out that the coffee pot is empty about the time I’m done reading.

And as far as memorizing… that ain’t much work for me. I remember threads and posts from well over a year ago with clarity. I remember what user posted what comments, pictures, quotes, etc. I could write you a report on books I read over 20-years ago and score an A or B high school grade easily. I literally can close my eyes, concentrate, and see the pages in my mind. In school I never took one single note… not one. My wife says I have a mind full of more useless information than most peoples have useful information.

So although you find it amusing that I would spend the time to read and memorize all that… it really didn’t take me any time or effort at all. It just is-what-it-is.

This reads like one sociopath's dissertation abstract on another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back