I did nothin'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Absolutely nothin' today. It was cold and windy outside and I holed up in the house all day... nothin'!
Walked out to the mail box 'round 1:00, friggin' cold... back to the house.
Logged into AS at last 20 times today... ashes, flippy caps, nothin' to get me excited.
Started happy hour 'bout 3:00... it ain't over yet.

Where the hell is Woodcutter TV when ya' need some entertainment?
C'mon, one a y'all need to get something going...

DO I NEED TO START A FIGHT?

Here in my neck of the woods i swear it dropped 15 degrees from noon till 5 PM with the wind gaining 15mph.

Glad I have plenty of honey locust and maple in the stove...

well that is pathetic- how lazy, how boring !!

At least i drove around in the cold and wind :hmm3grin2orange:

miserable day here too!

Absolutely nothin' today. It was cold and windy outside and I holed up in the house all day... nothin'!
Logged into AS at last 20 times today... ashes, flippy caps, nothin' to get me excited.

Carbon copy here, cept i started happy hour earlier! Nutin could keep my attention for very long either.

SE Michigan, the high today was like +17 with wind gusts around 20 MPH. Don't think it's been that cold all season. Did some errands with the wife today and it actually stung to breath in that cold air when you walked out of a warm building. Glad the ol' Woodchuck is still cookin' away after 26 years!

Man I hope we get some cold weather in the East soon!

Unproductive

I didn't do too much. Cleaned up the shop for a bit. Threw some junk wood behind the wood stack.

Built a fire in the chimnea and drank beer. Super windy here in MS and 28 degrees

i was all excited because we were SUPPOSED to get some snow, but all it did was spit snowflakes all day.....Hot garbage! I ended up painting the hallway and we went out and got a new mattress, so now the old one is in the middle of the living room floor for me and the wife and the dog to lounge on!:msp_biggrin:

Man I hope we get some cold weather in the East soon!

Piney Power!

We got about an inch of snow today, followed by some freezing rain and the temps are dropping quickly way down here in the southern sliver of the state..
Wunderground.com said:
Mostly cloudy. Snow showers...mainly this evening. Snow accumulation around an inch. Very windy with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph...increasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 45 mph. Wind chill factor well below zero. Chance of snow 80 percent.

To compensate for whitespider's inactivity, I processed some firewood today. :msp_wink:
I actually got a little less than 1/2 a cord of Black Oak for free from a friend. Me and my older daughter had to buck and split it, and then loaded it up in the freezing rain.
It was sitting in logs for 18 months, so some pieces have a punky layer next to the bark, but it's pretty good overall.
Think I'll have a tablespoon of honey and a shot of Scotch now.
Heating with wood is good.

Nada here

Im bachalor boy this weekend. Nothin going on. Went out to the shop and finished up a small project on my Gator with snow blade attached. Got some snow the past few days but wasn't worth getting it out. Happy hour started about 4. Watching American Pickers now. Not missing Woodcutter TV.

Why are you still making 1/4 turns with your saw.........Rookie!

C'mon you can do better than that, try this:

Well Whitespider,

How bout I just say that box elder is the best dang firewood out there - anybody that don't burn it is a WUSS, the best and fastest way to measure round lengths when bucking is a tape measure and chalk, and only idiots stack wood in rows - ya big opinionated blowhard!

Try it, see if he goes for it.....

...and that's a distinct possibility if happy hour continues much longer.

Spent my day making loud noises on a 600 ton metal stamping press, more of the same tomorrow. Did some good samaritan work too, kid from work was on the side of the road, overheated in 0 degree weather. Took about 45 minutes to get him back going, run to the next exit for antifreeze, dig out tools, crack vent on thermostat, and get the motor full of AF. Dingbat had drained and refilled and didn't know to bleed the air out of the motor.

Couple cold ones going down, and catching up on my reading.

Spidy, you can't get nothin done with an old wore out Stihl and an even more old and decrepit grass cutter. You need upgrades, then you can cut what you need in like 12 minutes a week and suck Buds the rest of the day!

Cold and windy here too. I headed for the woods around 1:00 and came back around 5:00. Been waiting on a good freeze still waiting, really isn't froze very far down. More of the same tomorrow.

Back