Burning Tires?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season them in the sun. If you have enough they can cut down on your mowing in the summer. Gotta think Green these days...

Yes, and much like firewood, as the tires season, they will develop checks and splits in the sidewalls.

Hanging them from a rope is also a time honored method in certain neighborhoods.

I let mine season on plastic (gotta keep em off the ground) at a local dairy farm. The guy feedin the cows takes em down for me when they're ready with the payloader.

Yes, and much like firewood, as the tires season, they will develop checks and splits in the sidewalls.

Hanging them from a rope is also a time honored method in certain neighborhoods.

I let mine season on plastic (gotta keep em off the ground) at a local dairy farm. The guy feedin the cows takes em down for me when they're ready with the payloader.

I like the way you think.

I have a whole bunch of truck tires, moving them around is biaotch though
phpS5b41FAM.jpg

I tried to noodle them but the saw just gets all black and starts smoking . Tried the invincible Fiskar X27 ,just bounces off . Hate to leave all those BTU's in the woods.. Any ideas ?

WAY off this topic, but SS396's pic struck one of those feeble little corners of my brain.

Out back, I've got a payloader tire about that size. It's use? When I was younger, we burned a lot of slabwood from a local mill. We'd set the bundle of slabs on the tire and start cutting. The tire was a lot easier on chains than the dirt. It actually worked pretty well.

WAY off this topic, but SS396's pic struck one of those feeble little corners of my brain.

Out back, I've got a payloader tire about that size. It's use? When I was younger, we burned a lot of slabwood from a local mill. We'd set the bundle of slabs on the tire and start cutting. The tire was a lot easier on chains than the dirt. It actually worked pretty well.

daam near fell over on that one, LoL.
a real use for junkyard tires.

reps for you tonite!

You all oughta line a room with 'em and when you're done have someone close the door and throw away the key.

How do you stack bowling balls?

I take a bunch of styrofoam melt it with gas stack a ball use the napalm I mean chinking goo. Another ball more napal oops goo keep going until you run out of bowling balls. Put the rest of the goo ( I rememberd) in the woodstove inplace of kindling.

GD BANJOS.....and more........
Are we the only bulb to know that most vehicle's tires ( not farm, large rigs, etc...) are STEEL BELTED ? Go to it.:bang::bang::bang:

Are we the only bulb to know that most vehicle's tires ( not farm, large rigs, etc...) are STEEL BELTED ? Go to it.:bang::bang::bang:

Gone are the days of the good old bias ply tires, poly belts as it were. No problem burning them....no remnants left behind. I don't even think there was steel in the bead area way back when.

That's the bonus LB, free recyclables every time you dump the ash pan!

I likes me some good old footstompin banjo music!

attachment.php

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Piggie, piggie, piggie. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Every time I drive by and the wind is right,it really stinks bad. This has to be because the chimney is so short. A lot of areas are starting to require new OWB to have an 18 foot chimney. Personally if no one is being bothered I have no problem with it.The problem is to many folks are starting to complain. My suggestion is if you are close to folks burn good clean dry wood. The further folks are from you and you are not bothering anyone be your own judge.[/QUOTE]

Well..... lets face it. No matter how high you make the chimney if there's a downdraft ( bad weather coming ) any chimney including house chimneys are going to end up close to the ground. Wind throws everything out the window so to speak. Sooo... yes, its true, kinda sorta, but not a bonifide solution. :)

OK......I might as well comment on this buffoonery.

When I burn tires.....I add some Cedar to add a bit of good smell to the black smoke.

I also have tied ropes between the doors of the house and garage........so that you can hold the rope to find your way between them when the wind is light and the smoke is thick.

I throw in a tire now and then just to cover the smell of the pigs

Back