My New Saw Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboymoe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought this a week ago. I needed a bigger truck so I bought a new Ford F150 with the EcoBoost engine, Screw cab with the lariat package.
The Misses hated my Toyota Pre-Runner so I now own a Ford Truck again. This engine set up is amazing. 365HP & 420Ftlbs of torque will really put a smile on your face.

On Monday, I had the spray on bedliner done and on Thursday my factory running boards will be installed. Yesterday, we took a little road trip and averaged 20.6 MPG. I couldn't be more happy. Better yet, my wife totally loves it. I guess the heated and cooled power leather seats will do that. This truck is super quite inside and the Sony sound system is great. Still trying to figure out all the Sync features though.

Now, I can build a portable saw holder for the back.

sweet ride im about to get a new saw hauler but it is a little older lol im lookin at a 2000 ranger withe the 4.0 if the guy calls me back:hmm3grin2orange:

You dog! Brandie new one! Dang! I could maybe afford..the rear view mirror.. hahahaha

My boss just got one of the last new Rangers in the southeast. They told him last week there were only 28 left in the whole region. He likes that size better than the F150s and so on, although he has a F450 for a small dump truck.

I get the dregs though! Whenever he gets new tires I get his old ones, they fit on my old datsun on the rear.

That ecoboost is awesome, I am a chevy guy but man I like that engine, I am told towing mpg is off a little but who cares unless you always tow then you should get a torquey diesel.

My saw hauler:

GTGTrailer008.jpg

Thanks guys. The inside review mirror is very expensive. The Back-Up camera screen is in the mirror! LOL

Doh! Facepalm! Can't even afford a new rear view mirror! Bwahahahaha!

Oh well, my datsun truck runs well, 30-40 MPG, and still working on my junior entry level bogger (sorta the rules around here, you have to have a bogger...). That should get theoretically ~fair~ mileage, detroit diesel 6.2 in it.

I've got an '02 F-150 screw with the 5.4, spray in bedliner and tanneu cover. We took it to Texas last year and got 12-14 mpg, that was with four people and packed with luggage.

Mann I wish you could send that truck over here... they want $120k+ for the same setup up over here - daylight robbery for sure :msp_mad:

Congrats!

What an Awsome truck!! I still love my 01 Screw though!! Let us know how you like that Ecoboost...everyone I have talked to said it is terrific!! Many blessings to you and the new ride!:rock:

Bought this a week ago. I needed a bigger truck so I bought a new Ford F150. This engine set up is amazing. 365HP & 420Ftlbs of torque will really put a smile on your face.

On Monday, I had the spray on bedliner done and on Thursday my factory running boards will be installed. Yesterday, we took a little road trip and averaged 20.6 MPG. I couldn't be more happy. Better yet, my wife totally loves it. I guess the heated and cooled power leather seats will do that. This truck is super quite inside and the Sony sound system is great. Still trying to figure out all the Sync features though.

Now, I can build a portable saw holder for the back.

Its your thread but its really temping to make a bunch of "my cummins is better" comments

My saw hauler.

does a lot more than haul saws

IMG_1411.jpg

Last edited:
If I were to buy a Ford I'd get myself one of those. The Ecoboost is pretty amazing. Impressive power, especially for a V6. Nice truck man.

You dog! Brandie new one! Dang! I could maybe afford..the rear view mirror.. hahahaha

My boss just got one of the last new Rangers in the southeast. They told him last week there were only 28 left in the whole region. He likes that size better than the F150s and so on, although he has a F450 for a small dump truck.

I get the dregs though! Whenever he gets new tires I get his old ones, they fit on my old datsun on the rear.

I got a 2011 4WD Ranger Sport with a 5-speed for a good deal last June. Glad I did. Had to search a bit to find a 5-speed. All the dealers within a 200+ mile radius had lots full of autmatic equipped trucks. Now the Rangers are drying up, as there's no 2012's. I eyed the F150, but the cost increase just wasn't worth it to me. I get 20-22mph average commuting. About 50% highway and 50% city driving. Hard to believe that the bigger and much more powerful F150 with that Ecoboost engine gets better mileagle (EPA ratings are higher) than my Ranger. Looks like at least one guy (the OP) is getting those numbers however.

Mann I wish you could send that truck over here... they want $120k+ for the same setup up over here - daylight robbery for sure :msp_mad:

Congrats!

You may not be able to buy these new Fords in Australia without getting raped......................but over the last two+ decades you HAVE been able to get the good Toyotas that were never sold in the US. I'd be driving a solid front axle equipped 4.2L diesel 4WD Toyota if I could...:cheers:

You may not be able to buy these new Fords in Australia without getting raped......................but over the last two+ decades you HAVE been able to get the good Toyotas that were never sold in the US. I'd be driving a solid front axle equipped 4.2L diesel 4WD Toyota if I could...:cheers:

Isn't it a shame how the idiots in your state are trying to ruin diesel in this country. That Toyota set up sounds like a cool truck. I've got a sister who has worked hard and now has pretty big bucks and a couple of Ford pick ups. I'm always hoping one will get too scratched up and she'll sell it to me cheap.

I got a 2011 4WD Ranger Sport with a 5-speed for a good deal last June. Glad I did. Had to search a bit to find a 5-speed. All the dealers within a 200+ mile radius had lots full of autmatic equipped trucks. Now the Rangers are drying up, as there's no 2012's. I eyed the F150, but the cost increase just wasn't worth it to me. I get 20-22mph average commuting. About 50% highway and 50% city driving. Hard to believe that the bigger and much more powerful F150 with that Ecoboost engine gets better mileagle (EPA ratings are higher) than my Ranger. Looks like at least one guy (the OP) is getting those numbers however.

Well, sonofagun...

Rangers seem to be pretty popular with AS members...

Useful for hauling stuff, but if you get one with the 4 banger or the 3.0, the gas mileage doesn't kill you. The 4.0 however is said to be real thirsty, plus I've read of more problems with them as well. Another thing with the 4.0 is that it's a ##### to change the plugs on it. It's tricky in the pass. side rear cylinder, but if you look at the 4.0, good luck getting to that one without taking the heater box out or tearing something apart.

They're real easy to park...

I have found a 302 that I want to swap into mine... guy wants 650 for it with the trans, and both the engine and trans are rebuilt. Swap headers are only 150 bucks from Summit Racing...

OP, you have one sweet truck there. I have an idea... I'll pull the 3.0 in my Ranger, and go to your place and swap them, and then put the ecoboost in the Danger Ranger... I think you'll like the 3.0 Vulcan... I know I'll like the ecoboost... :jester:

As for the Aussies, they got the coolest Nissan utes that make the Titan look like a weakling... I'd take the Nissan Patrol over a Toyota ute. That's if I had a choice. If not, I'd be happy with a solid axle equipped Toyota ute...

I hope you have better luck with your ecoboost than my boss's wife. Her truck started out with 19 mpg average, but after 10,000 miles its only pulling around 15 mpg. Just a thought, oh well my superduty gets 14.

Latest posts

Back