Home made cart to move logs....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
...with my little craftsman tractor.

Yeasterdays test run, worked pretty good but I need to find a way to lift the log up to get the cart under it, and i need to finish the second one so i can put one under each end but it needs to be welded as it is going to have steerable wheels on it.

i-Q6NSRWc-L.jpg

idea for you

...with my little craftsman tractor.

Yeasterdays test run, worked pretty good but I need to find a way to lift the log up to get the cart under it, and i need to finish the second one so i can put one under each end but it needs to be welded as it is going to have steerable wheels on it.

i-Q6NSRWc-L.jpg

There is a similar product that I have seen for sale in the trade magazines like "tree and landscape equipment trader". It roles over a log, straddling it with a wheel on each side. Once the tires are midway on the log it appears as though you flip flop the tongue end of the contraption from one end of the log to the other. There are little spurs that extend inward toward the log. in the flip flopping and subsequent leverage created the spurs raise the log slightly off the ground. The pictures show some pretty big logs being moved by an individual but the contraption is rather beefy.

Back