Tree Fungi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chase

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here in Ohio (or at least on my property :msp_sneaky::msp_sneaky::msp_sneaky:) I have had numerous trees die from what I'm being told is a fungi. It is scaley like with a dull green color and its appearing on the trunks of alot of my trees. What exactly is this and what can be done to prevent more of my trees from dying?

Well thats a relief but why are a bunch of trees on my property drying out and dying? I seem to notice them when they havent produced leaves and have a bunch of holes all over them I guess from maybe woodpeckers???

Try to identify the trees. If there are no emerging leaves it makes it a little harder but look at the bark, look at the shape of dead leaves from last fall that may be beneath the trees. Also, knowing what town or part of Ohio you're in may be of some help.
Regards,
Phil
Here's a tree ID site that may help.
http://www.oplin.org/tree/name/commonname.html

Last edited:
It appers that you posted a pix of a Red Oak of some kind.
It also appers that the tree in the pix has several old wounds on it.

I cant tell you why but I do know that Red Oaks that are growing in a less that ideal place will very often just die when they get about 50 to 60 years old. Often they will end up with a much to large of a stump a few years before they die.

David

Latest posts

Back