the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with most all little country towns, there'll be a little march today and I was really glad when talking to my 12 year old niece last week that she wanted to be involved, as her great grandfather on her fathers side was a veteran of WWI.

I always find Anzac Day very, very emotional and I've never served although I've known and talked to a lot of diggers about their experiences over the years.

BTW, I think Google has cocked up, they are showing a Poppy instead of Rosemary on their search page this morning.
I've never known of the poppy to be used to symbolise Anzac Day, it's always a sprig of Rosemary. The poppy has traditionally been used on Remembrance Day, but at least they've tried. ;)

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Lest We Forget.

[video=youtube;gRqMMaCZfHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqMMaCZfHI[/video]

235351d1335248837-17-4-2012-056-jpg

Its actuly not my tractor i have and old ford county. Dont see them much anymore but a bloody good tractor for what i do.

The contractors the do sugar-cane are almost all buying JCB to haul the bins from the paddocks to the nearest cane train lines. The harvesters well the yanks bought a couple and reverse engineered them and made them 5% different so they did not infringe on the patent, They would make the Chinese proud, It has been a while but I don't think you can buy a local made cane harvester anymore.

My first driving lesson was on a TE20 little grey fergy

Ah... we talking about John Deeres?

Yeah, most parts are a frigging rip off. Like if you need a new mower deck for a 300 series garden tractor, get ready to drop 1200 bucks.

Yeah, right. Bet it doesn't even cost 500 or so bucks to make a complete mower deck. It really isn't all that complicated.

Last edited:
well I did alright paying $45 for my Husky combo can new. The tool shop had it sitting on the shelf for over a year and were sending it back to Husky. I made them a stupid low ball offer of $40.....$5 extra and I walked out the door with it. They are bloody brilliant though. No spills at all!!!! Neil if you can get a good price on one let me know.

On the tractor deal, I have little experience, but my mates 7t 4wd JD is a nice rig. He redesigned the whole front end loader arms rams etc, we built a hyd tilting blade for it to camber his tracks. He also built a ripper/poly sail for the 3 point linkage. Being old school he converted all the elec solinoide controls to manual lever.

The contractors the do sugar-cane are almost all buying JCB to haul the bins from the paddocks to the nearest cane train lines. The harvesters well the yanks bought a couple and reverse engineered them and made them 5% different so they did not infringe on the patent, They would make the Chinese proud, It has been a while but I don't think you can buy a local made cane harvester anymore.

My first driving lesson was on a TE20 little grey fergy

Yeah, I am working on a US made cane harvester at the moment and I am amazed how similar it is to the Australian made Austoft - it's basically the same machine. The Austofts (Case NH) are now made in Brazil I think - another great Aussie invention sold off-shore...

hey how cold has it been in other parts if Australia this week guys?
really cold snap here in Vic at the moment, been good for the firewood biz but, phones
been ring hot and had to get out today a deliver a few loads,
Anyway on Monday it was flippen cold so I decided to have a long lunch and when down to see
me mate Peter the owner of the local Stihl shop, so we got talking as we always do and he said
BTW Stihl Australia has a few MS661's in Melbourne that they are playing with, one of the tech
guys gives him so info on the side evey now and then, no word as yet when they will go on sale
but he said they will still run MS660 even after the MS661 goes on sale ,
Also when we were talking he had to take a phone call that come for him, the convo was a bit hot
on the phone and when he got off he said ##### Honda, (he's a Honda dealer) he look never buy
anything with Honda motor that has not been sold through Honda Australia, he said there is a lot
of equipment sold in Australia with genuine Honda motors but the motors have been imported direct
from Honda in Japan or China and Honda Australia will not cover them because they did not handle
them,

well I did alright paying $45 for my Husky combo can new. The tool shop had it sitting on the shelf for over a year and were sending it back to Husky. I made them a stupid low ball offer of $40.....$5 extra and I walked out the door with it. They are bloody brilliant though. No spills at all!!!! Neil if you can get a good price on one let me know.

On the tractor deal, I have little experience, but my mates 7t 4wd JD is a nice rig. He redesigned the whole front end loader arms rams etc, we built a hyd tilting blade for it to camber his tracks. He also built a ripper/poly sail for the 3 point linkage. Being old school he converted all the elec solinoide controls to manual lever.

Ok serg, i will get a price today for you, i don't beleive you will get a new one for $45.00 tho.
Speeking farm tractors, i guy up this way uses a fairly new 100hp mccormack for snigging logs off PP, he says its cheaper to run around than his D6 and he can take it home to the farm for farm work ect, he said a log skidder is just a log skidder.
I thought the mccormack was just a cheap tractor but he said it goes good and hasn't to much trouble with it.

Saws up for grabs

I have a friend that is selling the following saws who is not a member but will be at the Iowa Spring GTG II!!
All of these saws run and can be picked up there.

Poulan Pro 365
Skil 1612
Alpina 31015
Dayton blade saw?
Lombard Comango (Factory high performance air cleaner)
Jonsereds SP52
Jonsereds SP49
McCulloch PM 610
Montgomery Wards TMC24056B (same as a mighty mite)
Homelite XL-12
McCulloch 250
Allis Chalmers 295
Sears (no model looks like an allis chalmers 295)
Strunk
Craftsman 351.23001 (with scratcher chain)
Craftsman 1638 with case
Homelite super 2 (3 each)
Redmax G300TS
WIZ (made by Root)
Partner S50
Bobcat

Listed below as NON RUNNING

Wright recip saws (3 each)
Remington PRO 88
Mor Wood
Lancaster 558

I have a friend that is selling the following saws who is not a member but will be at the Iowa Spring GTG II!!
All of these saws run and can be picked up there.

Poulan Pro 365
Skil 1612
Alpina 31015
Dayton blade saw?
Lombard Comango (Factory high performance air cleaner)
Jonsereds SP52
Jonsereds SP49
McCulloch PM 610
Montgomery Wards TMC24056B (same as a mighty mite)
Homelite XL-12
McCulloch 250
Allis Chalmers 295
Sears (no model looks like an allis chalmers 295)
Strunk
Craftsman 351.23001 (with scratcher chain)
Craftsman 1638 with case
Homelite super 2 (3 each)
Redmax G300TS
WIZ (made by Root)
Partner S50
Bobcat

Listed below as NON RUNNING

Wright recip saws (3 each)
Remington PRO 88
Mor Wood
Lancaster 558

intresting lot of saws, thanks for the heads up, but i think you would better off putting this in another thread that most of the yanks read, Not sure there will be too many Aussie's going to the Iowa Spring GTG!:msp_biggrin:

Thanks Neil. At that price I will keep shopping...haha

here are some pics of my mates JD. The only thing he didnt make on the blade was getting it rolled into a curve. Blade is Bisalloy

235633d1335434286-jdkeb-jpg

235634d1335434292-jdkeb-002-jpg

Husqvarna 365 Chainsaw | eBay
this ones looken a bit dodgy or is it just me ?????????????

Nothing there jumps out as an obvious fake but the picture really doesn't tell you much. It would pay to ask for a photo of the filter/carby area I reckon. If she ain't packing a Walbro or similar then dodgey for sure.

Oh and I need a taller bench. 188DL of 3/8" ripping chain sort of dangles on the ground a tad...

260420122246.jpg

Last edited:
Giday blokes, got a good long drive of left hand wheeled 69 mustang today, twas great fun a wee tricky but not as hard as keeping my cool dude face on the whole trip.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Drives,, er more floats like any ford with a 302 windsor but very very sweet looker.

well looks like carlton 3/8 & .404 chizle skip tooth is back on the market in oz but no semi

Last edited:
Husqvarna 365 Chainsaw | eBay
this ones looken a bit dodgy or is it just me ?????????????

Looks like a 365 x-torq with the de-comp on top so most likely the real deal I would say... they go for about $600 in the US. They use the same cylinder as the new 372xp, just have to modify some restrictor plates and you have yourself a cheap 372 :msp_thumbup:

Back