the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmm i could not help my self today trees down every where here after the storm the other night arborist's every where .
so i come out of the post office and here is this one trying to cut up a redgun about 21" only small but he was having
all sorts of trouble
now pitcher this his boss must be a bit tight coz he's got a stihl ms 390 so i walk up and tell him i have a ported 390 if he would like too have go he says yes so i pulled out me husky of me ute haha
well his eyes poped out of his head i'm husky man he said so said have a go arfter he watched me cut a few blocks of
well i wish i had a camara the look on his face was priceless well that was it he had the job done in no time flat and looks like i have to get him a ported 390xp he want's one yesterday
i love it another one converted , and then i pulled out me 261 well he was floored he could not beleve it a 50cc saw
that close to a ms460 he loved that one to .
pitty i did not have me 460 ported that would have been good

whats the go with some of these arborist crews? the other day I stopped to talk to some guys that were working on the side of the road, thay cutting back trees so the road could be widened, they were cutting 6 to 10 inch trees with an MS 880 with a 36" bar on!:rock:

had me going too ,bugger you fellas,here i was thinking the chinks have really got there schit together

I seen one down at the local Stihl shop, from the outside you would be going to tell the diff with the real one, but when it was pulled down it was easy to see the diff,

whats the go with some of these arborist crews? the other day I stopped to talk to some guys that were working on the side of the road, thay cutting back trees so the road could be widened, they were cutting 6 to 10 inch trees with an MS 880 with a 36" bar on!:rock:

Must have been Andrew. Many members here brag about running 880's with big bars all day but only Andrew has ever had video proof of such heroic achievements ;)

Must have been Andrew. Many members here brag about running 880's with big bars all day but only Andrew has ever had video proof of such heroic achievements ;)

somehow I do not think this was Andy,
anyway looks like I will have to post a vid of me and the 090 and the 60" , just to be heroic:hmm3grin2orange:

snipeing

this gives new meaning to, most shooters have used the old smelly.

600842_10150819006361362_1036915844_n[1].jpg

edit,,,, buggered if i know, still won't work for me.

Last edited:

240922d1339154728-600842_10150819006361362_1036915844_n%5B1%5D-jpg

Those are buggers to shoot, they can spot you setting up your rifle from 2km away and once you got the scope lined up they get up and start walking

:monkeyn:

600842_10150819006361362_1036915844_n[1].jpg (30.2 KB)

edit,,,, buggered if i know, still won't work for me.

neil go into settings up the top in thr green. then my acount
general settings
down the bottom go to Enhanced Attachment Uploading click on the Enhanced Attachment Uploading OFF

any of you guys had to work on a sincro gen /welder,i got one thats been spot on for nearly ten years but the other day while using it to power the house the motor fluctuated a few times then no power,have checked the obvious but still nothing ,any ideas would be good

Well I rubbed a wee bit of fore stock away and with only 5 shots it seemed to be improved, nice tight group no seen stringing. I will need to set at my own bush range to be sure as at the club the holes are not easily check able. I never got to shoot 300 yards as the even with crap weather a high number of members turned out. I wanted to get off early to see Bombers v swans kick 1 goal 13 points by half time :msp_mad: then a amazing 47 points down to kick back into the game loose by 4 points after the siren.

A lot of US made rifles seemed to use upward pressure at the fore-end to supposedly dampen barrel vibrations with long, whippy barrels, but reading what the benchresters did, (admittedly with short tractor axles) my old rule of thumb was to relieve the barrel channel enough to be able to slip a business card, or at least a reasonable thickness of paper all the way back to the receiver/front lug.

A lot of US made rifles seemed to use upward pressure at the fore-end to supposedly dampen barrel vibrations with long, whippy barrels, but reading what the benchresters did, (admittedly with short tractor axles) my old rule of thumb was to relieve the barrel channel enough to be able to slip a business card, or at least a reasonable thickness of paper all the way back to the receiver/front lug.

Yes that my "aim", Ha see what I did there,,;) so far barrels not $5 buck note clear of the fore stock end wood but got it to very little if any pressure. I hope to move slowly on this shoot test shoot again in increments till its sweet. My ruger 22/77 gave me grief when i dug away to much fore stock saddle and I gots a droopy barrel that ran past my scope adjustment due to its design. This No1 is a nice firm Varmint barrel so I dont reckon will be any trouble still will move slow on the task.

any of you guys had to work on a sincro gen /welder,i got one thats been spot on for nearly ten years but the other day while using it to power the house the motor fluctuated a few times then no power,have checked the obvious but still nothing ,any ideas would be good

i aint played with a sincro but a couple others ive used (and abused) have often been related to engine rpms, other than that hit it real hard with hammer!
we had a 35kva set at work that a so called mechanic adjusted the govenor on, lucky it was in a cabinet or the piston would shot a mile down the flat when she threw a leg out of bed:laugh:

Back