ms 441cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-Mode

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought new ms 441cm on sale with 18inch bar.
I got a best bang for a buck, guy gave me 17%discount for cash payment!

Later I went to workshop that has aqua knife to make big dawgs and I'm thinking of ordering Carlton speed tip 24inch(60cm) and oregon LPX chain.

I'll post pictures soon when everything is done.

Wow G, you have plenty of power for that bar. I understand that in Europe it is common to run smaller bars than we do here in the states, I really don't understand why. Here in Illinois I run a 28" bar on my MS441R CM and it does fine in hard oak. You will enjoy the saw

Steve

Wow G, you have plenty of power for that bar. I understand that in Europe it is common to run smaller bars than we do here in the states, I really don't understand why. Here in Illinois I run a 28" bar on my MS441R CM and it does fine in hard oak. You will enjoy the saw

Steve

Steve, I am probably wrong about this, but I think that Europe (or parts of it, anyway) has a lot of smaller and younger trees, many of the big old ones aren't standing anymore.

I just worked on a 441 and really like the saw. I'm getting more interested in the 441cm because where I live its 5000 ft but where I cut wood is 7500 ft. I can't wait to hear how you like it. Please tell us what kind of wood you're cutting and what chain you are using.

Just bought new ms 441cm on sale with 18inch bar.
I got a best bang for a buck, guy gave me 17%discount for cash payment!

Later I went to workshop that has aqua knife to make big dawgs and I'm thinking of ordering Carlton speed tip 24inch(60cm) and oregon LPX chain.

I'll post pictures soon when everything is done.

At least you got the chain right ! :cool2:

Steve

Currently there are non bigger bars than this one to buy. You need to special order the bar bigger than 24inch here.Or you can buy stihl bars that are much more expensive. You can't even buy dawgs here...

Thank you guys for pictures of your dawgs !!!

So I have poor choice here.

I wish I can have choice like you have in USA... Not just for saws for other tools as well

Last edited:
Dont listen to ST, hes always hating on Stihls eventhough i caught him sleeping with a 441 last week.:msp_thumbsup:

Only the newer ones that got heavier than what they replaced + their POS consumer saws. The same goes for all saws in the same category, not only Stihls. :msp_smile:

I can deal with the added weight for the comfort and smoothness of the 441. Now that mines ported , wow i love it. I havent been able to run it as much as i want since i got it back.

I can deal with the added weight for the comfort and smoothness of the 441. Now that mines ported , wow i love it. I havent been able to run it as much as i want since i got it back.

I don't care what your preference is, it's impossible to run my ported 441R C-M and not like it.

I wish mine was m tronic but its still a blast to sink it in a log and hold on.

The mtronic is just neat. You can feel it adjusting itself as you jump around cutting different logs and by how much you lean on it, etc.. I don't know what the cost difference is between a regular version and mtronic, but I would think it is worth it.

If im not mistaken there is only a $30-$50 difference. I bought mine used as i couldnt afford a new one or I wouldve bought a m tronic.

If im not mistaken there is only a $30-$50 difference. I bought mine used as i couldnt afford a new one or I wouldve bought a m tronic.

That ain't much with a new price. No idea what it might entail to do an "upgrade" though, a lot more than fifty bucks though!

Only ran one, one afternoon, but immediately switching between 30" oak to 18" pine, big diff in the tune. Even leaning on it in the oak it self adjusted pretty fast. It's the smoothest saw I have ever run.

Ya, no way can I buy a new saw! Used junkers is about it for me now.

I would surely have taken the mtronic, never mind a price difference like that.

As it is, I don't want any version of either the 441 or the 576xp......:msp_sneaky:

I would surely have taken the mtronic, never mind a price difference like that.

As it is, I don't want any version of either the 441 or the 576xp......:msp_sneaky:

What kind and size of wood do you get to cut normally where you are?

The 441 is smooth as butter and I love that big fat A$$. I only have the lowly hated standard version and it has done everything I have asked of it without a whimper, fat girls just get the job done.

What kind and size of wood do you get to cut normally where you are?

Mostly less than 20" birch, so a 70cc saw is mostly for fun, not because I need it. I still follow the market closely though, and am far from impressed by any of the current 70cc offerings, from the reports on them - something drastic is bound to happen pretty soon, and I have decently good clues what it will be. :biggrin:

15" Spruce, 12" paper birch, if you want a big tree around here it will be a cottonwood--the dog salmon of the firewood universe.

Back