Hey Gink!....what'd think!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work Mr. Cahoon:clap: How many builders are there that do your kind of work in the USA.I have a bike saw to but it's not as nice as yours and it's old:hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

Like everyone does with Marcel Vincents work! Hahahahahahaha[/

Mr. Never beat me!!!! Hahaha
Yes i raced him in Luther!
Like you said everyone is
coping Marcel?? If thats what
you think fine!!;-) We will
keep taking the wins!! You guys
should give it a try!!! The biggest
haha i have ever seen is(I aint going
to post if them guys do) So it
looks like the laugh is on the
other end of your phone!!

Where did your motors place
there??

Rick, Where did YOUR motors place!? It's funny how the subject gets changed when there is tangible facts! But it looks like Bertrand motors may have got the nod! Rick do you actually build these motors or does Cliff?

But if you must ask...

If I wanted to build a big motor...which someday I may...

I can send a crank to falicon to have stroked...
I can buy rods...
I can buy custom pistons from a couple sources... Maybe the same ones Cliff get them from...
I can probably send some carbs out to get worked over...
I can probably send the cylinders out and get bored and plated and then to a machine shop to have a custom exhaust block made, Oh what the hell I may do that myself because I can.
I can make the head
I can make the pipe and I can bolt it all together just like you guys!

Maybe someday we'll see, you never know!

Now don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm just speaking up. Hope you have a good fathers day! :cheers:

Last edited:
Rick, Where did YOUR motors place!? It's funny how the subject gets changed when there is tangible facts! But it looks like Bertrand motors may have got the nod! Rick do you actually build these motors or does Cliff?

But if you must ask...

I can buy rods...
I can buy custom pistons from a couple sources... Maybe the same ones Cliff get them from...
I can probably send the cylinders out and get bored and plated and then to a machine shop to have a custom exhaust block made, Oh what the hell I may do that myself because I can.
I can make the head

Now don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm just speaking up. Hope you have a good fathers day! :cheers:

Yep that's all there is to it.
When are you going to get
all the parts and snap it all
together?? Do you think you
can have it together this
summer? Then you could
meet us at a show.

Yes Bertrand's saws ran great
at Webster!! Cliffs motors have
won that show several times too.
Do I build saws no!! But heck
sounds easy maybe I will
just snap one together.So
let me know when your ready.
Cheers

Where did your motors place
there??

They haven't placed, heck they haven't been built! He is an arm chair mechanic.....

why buy a piston? I mean if you can make a 2 piece head.....

why send your carb out?

you make your own chains too??

The difference is Cliff:

Ports his own cylinders and they are awesome

Makes his own chains and they work great

Builds his own carbs and they work great

Builds his own pipes (and they work great)

so I guess this is the point: put up or shut up!

You gonna accept the challenge or not?

Last edited:

But if you must ask...

I can buy rods...
I can make the head

Hey Gink,
Cliff buys the saw too!! A man of your knowledge
would probably just machine it out. Lets not forget
about the chain are you going to stamp it out too
being the genius you are!! Think about it why
wouldn't a builder job out some of the things that
could be done better?

Gink! Everybody that builds hotsaws sends out for stoker cranks, pistons, cylinders and what not. Quite a gift to put a "Race" package together.......Can't wait to see something from you, that has some speed!!!!......Hahahahahahahaha!

Maybe I'll see if Bertrand will make a chain, seems his did real well! Hahahahahahaha

Dennis, I've been missing out! This stirring is kind of fun when you get one to bite:D

They haven't placed, heck they haven't been built! He is an arm chair mechanic.....

why buy a piston? I mean if you can make a 2 piece head.....

why send your carb out?

you make your own chains too??

The difference is Cliff:

Ports his own cylinders and they are awesome

Makes his own chains and they work great

Builds his own carbs and they work great

Builds his own pipes (and they work great)

so I guess this is the point: put up or shut up!

You gonna accept the challenge or not?

You're like telling a retard that he is retarded...they just don't get it!

Think about it SB, think about what I wrote and then ask yourself why you wrote what you did! Dennis got it, Rick got it, maybe you will!

Hey Gink,
Cliff buys the saw too!! A man of your knowledge
would probably just machine it out. Lets not forget
about the chain are you going to stamp it out too
being the genius you are!! Think about it why
wouldn't a builder job out some of the things that
could be done better?

Cliff does a great job with those saws and chains. Are they the best? I don't know? I guess every dog has their day Bertrand took Webster this year, maybe he will next year and maybe not. One thing is for sure, I will never build one for a couple reasons. I don't plan on going to anymore races and if I did I wouldn't do the saw justice running it. It seems some of you guys have a chip on your shoulder and have made the sport not so fun east of the Mississippi. I think all this belly aching and crap has ran everyone off, seems the racing crowd is getting smaller and smaller. I believe Chardon will be a ghost town next year becasue of the unfortunate BS that went on this year... I don't want to be a part of that and it seems I'm not the only one. SO why would I want to waste the better part of throwing 3-4 grand out for something that I never plan on using? Could I do, yes I believe so. And what I didn't know I could source out to some that do. I agree with Dennis and you also Rick, you have to pay to play and if you can get it done do it! I would! I'll see you around fella's, don't take this stuff so serious it's not worth it :cheers:

Yes it is fun!! It shouldn't be
hard for you guys to get a better
chain than you can build!!! Hahaha

frank didnt you just buy a 3120 from mike? i was expecting to see you build one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back