Going to have an illegal BBQ Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qweesdraw

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We have a State wide fire ban!(as of this week).
My Bundle wood sales went from about $400 a week to not even 1 Bundle this weekend.
In this county you can't camp and cook with even propane ,PB @ J samiches i guess!
I guess it is legal to BBQ with propane @ home but that ain't BBQ!,and i don't own one of those propane (wish i wuz a BBQ) things.
So i am going to fire up for my family a wood fired BBQ and smoker all the fixins on my concrete patio anyways!
PISS ON EM!
I will be eating brisket pulled pork and rib eyes prior to getting put in handcuffs.
1 fire was by a camper knocking over a stove, another from the state on a prescribed burn,lightning on this new one.
I hope all have a good Fathers day!

have it just off the property line and deny everything, you were just out there investigating what fool would light a fire during a ban:wink2:

Sometimes you can secretly defy the law and get away with it, but openly defying the law is never a good idea…
Don’t ask how it is I know that.
Let’s just say I know all the lyrics to the song popularized by the Bobby Fuller Four…

Breakin' rocks in the ... hot sun
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I needed money, 'cause I ... had none

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
Well, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

Robbin' people with a . . . six gun

I miss my baby and the ... good fun

I left my baby and I feel so bad
I guess my race is run
But, she's the best girl ... I've ever had

We have a State wide fire ban!(as of this week).
My Bundle wood sales went from about $400 a week to not even 1 Bundle this weekend.
In this county you can't camp and cook with even propane ,PB @ J samiches i guess!
I guess it is legal to BBQ with propane @ home but that ain't BBQ!,and i don't own one of those propane (wish i wuz a BBQ) things.
So i am going to fire up for my family a wood fired BBQ and smoker all the fixins on my concrete patio anyways!
PISS ON EM!
I will be eating brisket pulled pork and rib eyes prior to getting put in handcuffs.
1 fire was by a camper knocking over a stove, another from the state on a prescribed burn,lightning on this new one.
I hope all have a good Fathers day!

That bought you some rep....:clap:

his lack of comment may mean he got committed to the hooskow.
Next topic.....bail..or bond fund.

Last edited:
Everything went fine!
The food tasted better on real wood,even better since i was possibly expressing my right of freedom to BBQ.
As far as my 2 neighbors goes they came over to get some 1 for apple/1 maple for their BBQ.
Kinda pisses me off being we are getting treated like 6yr olds.
They basically shut me down in my busy bundle wood season.(the way i put food on the table ,then tell me how to cook my food?)
The (Gestapo) Sheriff in Boulder county trying to make it law that you need a permit to have a family bon fire or burn slash,chimenea ect. (even in wet seasons or if there is 2 Ft of snow on the ground).
A permit will take 21 days to get and you will need to call them before any burn or a $500 fine.
(To Serve and Collect!)

For those of you that don't know YES IT'S DRY HERE! under 2" of moisture since January.
Of the 4 major fires
#1 The state had a controlled burn (and didn't totally put it out)? DUH
#2 A camper knocked over his alcohol stove and waited to report it until he got home,not stopping at any houses along the way. Dumb ASS ( needs to go back to Kalifornia)
#3 and #4 Dry lightning strikes.(i am waiting for the Sheriff to ban these too!)
Mark
P.S. For those that don't know i have about 75+ cords of split dry wood 300 yards from my house, the smoker and BBQ were on a concrete patio,the water spigot/with hose= 10 feet away.
As far as my wood lot i have a 200 gpm trash pump that will go into the river 30' away with 300' of hose.(there is also a fire hydrant in the corner on my land,the only one for miles around)
Sorry to ramble on soon i wont has truck gas bring wood or split what i have,I own my house and land, (county taxes next year)?

Last edited:
Ever worked on a fireline? Been around dead lodgepole burning? Had to inhale smoke for weeks?
Ever thought you might be trapped by a wildfire? Slept in ashes? Come home with black stuff still coming out of your nose and horking up a lung?

You might try to think about that before you start calling it stupid. Living in Colorado, I should think you would anticipate a fire ban and make plans in your business for it.

As far as a controlled burn getting out of hand, it happens. You wouldn't understand the pressure of it all.
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't, high risk alternative to letting things burn come summer, or logging it, which will cause an uproar.

I've been on the other side. Woods are shut down when fire danger is high and when crews are committed to so many fires that there are too few left to send out.

Perhaps you'll understand this. Air tankers, fire crews, engines, etc. are not cheap. Yours and my tax dollars are paying for them. You choose to live in a state that has wildfires--deal with it. Plan for it.

Not pizzing on anyones parade or points...

A controlled burn turning into a disaster is not very controlled...just sayin...:blob2:

Not pizzing on anyones parade or points...

A controlled burn turning into a disaster is not very controlled...just sayin...:blob2:

You are right on. Most of the time, they do what one wants them to do. But there is a chance of the controlled burn going out of control. You have to have the right weather, the right fuel humidity, and the right people doing the work. But if the weather changes, or some idiot starts lighting too quickly, you the have an uncontrolled burn.

The people in charge have been budgeted to burn a certain amount of acreage. If they don't meet that amount, they get hammered and the next year their budget won't be so big. It is not a job for nervous people.

It is risky. Even more so with folks living in the midst of the woods or brush, and what is called the burning window is smaller now. One now has to consider air quality. If the wind will blow the smoke to a city, or if there is stagnent air, or even if there is a holiday, you can't burn.

I'd hate to be the one in charge of fuels reduction now.

My experience? I lit, held line, and did the usual grunt work on controlled burns. We timber folks were expected to help. We also were expected to go on fire crew assignments.

It's easy to armchair quarterback. Everybody is an expert when it comes to forest management---except the foresters.

You are right on. Most of the time, they do what one wants them to do. But there is a chance of the controlled burn going out of control. You have to have the right weather, the right fuel humidity, and the right people doing the work. But if the weather changes, or some idiot starts lighting too quickly, you the have an uncontrolled burn.

The people in charge have been budgeted to burn a certain amount of acreage. If they don't meet that amount, they get hammered and the next year their budget won't be so big. It is not a job for nervous people.

It is risky. Even more so with folks living in the midst of the woods or brush, and what is called the burning window is smaller now. One now has to consider air quality. If the wind will blow the smoke to a city, or if there is stagnent air, or even if there is a holiday, you can't burn.

I'd hate to be the one in charge of fuels reduction now.

My experience? I lit, held line, and did the usual grunt work on controlled burns. We timber folks were expected to help. We also were expected to go on fire crew assignments.

It's easy to armchair quarterback. Everybody is an expert when it comes to forest management---except the foresters.

Are you having a bad day....no one is saying anything derogatory towards you yet you seem very agitated....
Chill dude.....

I Live In The Backwoods, In A Place Called No-Where.

I'm Glad You Explained, Illegal BBQ. I Saw The Title To The Thread And Thought You Where Sneaking In A Pig From Mexico!

Carry_On!:msp_wink:

Back