Real Huskee 22 Ton reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hate to be a stick in the mud, especially after all these good reviews......BUT...... I bought mine at our "new" TSC last Labor Day for $999.00. I don't think I'd buy another one if it was 1/2 price.
I bought mine to replace my 26 year old Duerr when it went down. The Huskee wouldn't make a pimple on that old Duerr's butt.
I had problems with it from day 1, and there wasn't an approved service center here. Speeco finally told me that they had a service center set up (my local saw shop) and that I could just drop it off there. When I got there I was the only one there that knew that they were the new Speeco service center. By the time this was straightened out, my season was over and I had totally rebuilt my Duerr (new engine, pump, & valve plus repacked the cylinder). The Duerr is ready for another 26 years, while I haven't even started the Huskee since I got it back.
My Huskee 22 ton splitter might be good now, I don't know. I haven't been able to put enough time on it to say anything good about it. I'd like to be able to get my money back out of it, but I can't see that happening.

Andy

If you are interested in the details around the Ariens, let me know. I've had mine for close to 2 years with at least 12 cord under its belt. Long story short, I would buy it again if I had to do it all over. Robin engine is 2nd to none, the entire unit is built extremely well, the layout is well thought out and the overall size is perfect for pulling it deep into tight woods.

a few pictures of it the first time I used it.

Back