Stihl 08S mounted on a 1969 Schwinn Stingray

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nicely done. I built a chainsaw bike for my nephew once, didn't turn out as nice as yours at all. Took a little super two, and mounted it on the rear wheel direct drive style. YouTube is loaded with this style of design. With my 150lbs, it was very lame but with his 70-80lbs it looked a bit funner. I give you super respect for your clean install, I hack jobbed the one I did in about 2 hours.

I'm wondering at this point what I could do with a Mercury DA-211 motor on a standard "Huffy" from Wal-Mart. I'm also thinking that it could be said that All serious collectors should have a chainsaw motorbike to cruize back and forth to work. I only live 1.5 miles to work uphill on a four-lane. My insurance is paid up. No wife, grown kid, and best of all............................a spare DA-211 motor! I may wish I'd never seen this thread. First rate job on the Schwinn!
Igpoe:cheers:

This reminds me of something I remember seeing while sitting in class in grade school... some high school or college kid would ride around our parking lot on his bike that had an old McCulloch engine bolted into it... loud, and probably fast. It looked a lot like a Mac 250 engine would without the oiler, etc. installed.

Good choice on using a bike with a front freewheeling system.

Have you used a full tank of fuel yet?

Nice touch on the routing of the exhaust! Nice clean build! REP sent!

242380d1340191637-img_0404-jpg

I have a folding bike......what could I do what that?

Last edited:
Thats probably the only way I'll ever be able to have a motorized two wheeler and not get thrown out of the house!:hmm3grin2orange: Super clean build.

Wanna Race for Pink Slips?

For sale near me and I'm so tempted to snag it even though it's nowhere near as cool as the Schwinn. Only thing "wrong" is a flat rear tire.:hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone know what that power head is? Big ol' Poulan or Homie maybe? Guy claims 90cc and that he still has the parts to re-build the whole saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Poge

Looks like a H58 Sears which is a Tecumseh motor of 95ccs. Big on torque,low on rpm. Carb kits may be difficult to find 'cuz some had what looked like Carters to me.
Igpoe:cheers:

For sale near me and I'm so tempted to snag it even though it's nowhere near as cool as the Schwinn. Only thing "wrong" is a flat rear tire.:hmm3grin2orange:

Anyone know what that power head is? Big ol' Poulan or Homie maybe? Guy claims 90cc and that he still has the parts to re-build the whole saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Poge

Interesting. I'd be careful with the handle bars. Looks like the handle bar stem may not be inserted far enough. They have a "max height' line. If the line is showing, it's not installed properly. Looks to be a fairly resent build being the bicycle isn't that old. Cranks have been removed so it's all on the engine.

From the angle, it does look like a Homelilte.

Not a Homelite. Sears/David Bradley with a Tecumseh/Power Products engine as already stated. Carb should be a Tillotson HL or the funky Tecumseh carb with the vertical throttle shaft. Diaphragms are available.

Latest posts

Back