Husqvarna 350 rebuild won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, 130 is not bad on compression, although it should be higher with a new jug/piston/ring, that's besides the point.

One thing you can do is pull the spark plug and put the end near the threads, do you see a spark when you pull the starter rope?

Sounds like your not getting spark, IMO. I would start trying to figure out if it is or not getting spark. This is the easiest thing to check without tearing everything apart and/or replacing parts.

I just rebuilt the same saw had same problem as OP - the lower compression. changed out plug as I had spark just would not fire. Just because they show spartk doesnot mean it will fire under compression.

I just rebuilt the same saw had same problem as OP - the lower compression. changed out plug as I had spark just would not fire. Just because they show spartk doesnot mean it will fire under compression.

It seems pretty clear that it is not getting spark, and IMO, it couldn't hurt to check if the spark plug is working. Sure, I understand it could be a bad plug, but checking for spark is the first step. Could be the coil, or could be a spark plug wire with a bad connection or bad wire. Checking the spark is low hanging fruit.

Make sure the muffler bolts are secure, that's the main reason these saws blow up, the bolts loosen and air gets sucked in from the exhaust port, and Bob's your uncle...or not your uncle as the case may be in this situation. The muffler is probably the reason the saw blew up to begin with, and not the problem at hand with it not starting, IMO. Start by looking for spark, couldn't hurt...but what do I know...??? :dizzy:

Its got great spark, jumps about a 1" with no prpblem. Tried a new plug with no change. The plug I am running is RCJ7Y, which I think is right plug. The muffler is on nice and tight and is threadlocked on. I am at a loss with this saw. I know my way around two strokes, thats why this really has me scratching my head. On the fence on weather or not to keep trying to get this running or buy a new/different saw.

Have you checked the flywheel key to see if it sheared and caused it to jump time?

I would open the carb and make sure that the gaskets and diaphragms are in the correct order and that the metering arm is flush with the top of the carb body. I would also change the plug. They can look good but not fire under compression. NGK BPMR7A is what I use for 346's.

Is the switch on???? Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Murph is the Man!!! I am blown away by the number of cool dudes on this site. Never seen any thing like it... Russ

UPDATE!! Well I tore the saw completly back down. Put in new crank bearings/seals, went through the carb again, and bought a new AM 346xp C/P. I didn't find anything wrong with the carb. Put the saw all back together and The saw started in three pulls and runs strong. So, I think the first AM 346xp kit I tried just does not work. Thanks, to everyone for your input and help.

UPDATE!! Well I tore the saw completly back down. Put in new crank bearings/seals, went through the carb again, and bought a new AM 346xp C/P. I didn't find anything wrong with the carb. Put the saw all back together and The saw started in three pulls and runs strong. So, I think the first AM 346xp kit I tried just does not work. Thanks, to everyone for your input and help.

Are you interested in recouping some of your money on the first AM 346xp C/P kit you purchased?

PM me if you are.

Are you interested in recouping some of your money on the first AM 346xp C/P kit you purchased?

PM me if you are.

Sure, You want it? Actually now that I am more experienced with these AM 346xp kits, I think the kit either had the impulse hole plugged with sealent when I built it the first time or the grove in the cylinder wall for the impluse was not cast deep enough. I think if these were fixed it would have ran, as I had to dremmel the pulse gove on the other kit I ended up using and it runs great. Either way it comes with everything except the base gasket and exhaust gasket (as I ruined it trying to remove it from the first attempt) I might have another base gasket, If I do I will send that too. I think I paid $100 bucks for it. Hows $50. I am 95% sure it could be made to run, but if not for $50 you still get a new 346xp piston and a nice cylinder to test your porting skills. Thanks, Chad

Back