TERRY'S GTG COST ME 50.00 Did you get one Guido?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a warning on the TN GTG Thread for that speed trap. Guess you didn't see it. Lots of complaints because it's near bottom of steep hill and right after a speed limit reduction. It's a huge money maker for Oak Ridge.

Last edited:
I posted a warning on the TN GTG Thread for that speed trap. Guess you didn't see it. Lots of complaints because it's near bottom of steep hill and right after a speed limit reduction. It's a huge money maker for Oak Ridge.

Heck no i didnt see it. We where talking about saws and the fun we had so i wasnt paying any attention.

Does the photo show your face for a positive ID? Make them prove it was you. If someone else speeds in your car then who is responsible for the ticket, the driver or the owner of the car?

That doesn't matter unfortunately. In most all States, AFAIK, the owner of the vehicle is responsible for the vehicle at all times. This was the case in Japan when I lived there for 5 years, they would take a pic and send you a traffic violation, they didn't care who was driving. :msp_ohmy:

Ironically I never got a traffic violation in Japan, although I admit to speeding on the expressways...and twice I was able to talk my way out of a ticket (same cop, same violation, same location) inside Tokyo as I was a foreigner...:D

Last edited:
Well that plain sucks and I'd fight it. Gotta be a law somewhere involving proof. No way in hell I'd pay a fine if it couldn't be proven it was ME who broke the law. The owner of the gun doesn't go to jail for the crime it may have been used in...

Well that plain sucks and I'd fight it. Gotta be a law somewhere involving proof. No way in hell I'd pay a fine if it couldn't be proven it was ME who broke the law. The owner of the gun doesn't go to jail for the crime it may have been used in...

I am with you but it is cheaper to pay than to fight - that is how this little game works (some cities even throw in the bonus of if you pay we don't report thus keeping your driving record clear). And most folks ticketed know they were speeding albeit after the fact for some. Camera folks usually get a per ticket cut. That's how these small towns fund the equipment. Many are simply money grabs. Thankfully, some new laws have now been put in place to lessen the temptation to install these devices and to cut down on ticketing the unwary. Ron

I dont mean to come across the wrong way, I'm alllll for tickets and think cops should be a little more liberal handing them out. But cops should be doing it. I like my rights and feel strongly that the burden of proof lies with the accuser and I am innocent of that crime/violation until it is proven that I am guilty. I'd pay $300 out of principle to prove innocence before I'd pay $50 in admission of guilt without proof.

But that may be a conversation for another thread or forum, I probly done gone too fah with that one. :D

I don't know how it is in Tenn, but in Ga you can't get a ticket if the grade is 7% or greater. You also have a certain distance after a speed reduction to slow. Also, the officer has to be visible for at least 300ft.

$50 is pretty reasonable when compared to the cost around here. The fine for speeding is $30 plus $2 for every mile over and then court costs of $61. I have been fairly lucky myself because I have deserved many many tickets but there has never been anyone around to catch me, though I have never run into one of these traffic cameras yet.

when they first installed those traffic cameras my wife was driving past it twice a day. she had no idea they were up and running yet. she thought they were only for running the red light. so she always hurried when she saw the counter on the post counting down for the light change. thats when the 29 warnings showed up in the mail. luckily they were just warnings that the camera was going to go live and start sending actaull tickets in another 30 days.since then she had only gotten 1 and she was in my truck when she got it. so i actually got the ticket. they dont go on your record so i just paid it instead of sending in the paper work saying she was the driver.

Hey, everyone wants to be a tough guy, but the fact is that the tough guy doesn't win in this case. :msp_biggrin:

They do use a camera, so it is possible the State could actually prove it.

The fact is, as I said, most all states require that you sign some type of form to get your license, so you can't say you don't agree to what you sign after the fact, unless you want to fight the fact that it was actually you that signed the form to get a drivers license. Just sayin'...(using "you" as a generic, not to mean you specifically). Try that one in a court of law and find out how quickly you get a violation for driving a vehicle without a drivers license...:msp_rolleyes:

The traffic camera thing is a scam. The company that puts them up gets a split with the city, or at least that's how it was explained to me. Nothing but a way to raise revenue. They started in with that crap here in MS and the people raised such a ruckus that the legislature put in a law forbidding it anywhere in the state. Not sure but there might have been a location or two that were grandfathered in.

We had a big fight in Houston over red light camera tickets. Our new mayor actually kept a campaign promise :msp_ohmy: and put the issue to vote, and red light cams were voted out. The problem is the city had to buyout the contract with the company that installed & operated the cameras. If the agreement went through, it cost Houston over $12,000,000.00 (I don't trust the $$ figures released to the public, am certain they're intentionally low).

Google

$50 is pretty reasonable when compared to the cost around here. The fine for speeding is $30 plus $2 for every mile over and then court costs of $61. I have been fairly lucky myself because I have deserved many many tickets but there has never been anyone around to catch me, though I have never run into one of these traffic cameras yet.

It is exstremely reasonable, compared to here, for 12 mph over. That would be several hundred here.....:msp_rolleyes:

I got one last year headed to Terry's and definitely learned my lesson and slowed down this time. Mine was only six miles an hour over though. :msp_mad:

They don't go on your driving record and there is no need in going to court and trying to fight it. That will just add court cost's to the ticket. The camera plainly shows your plates and whether it was you or not the vehicle owner is liable for the ticket. They are simply for the money.

I got one last year headed to Terry's and definitely learned my lesson and slowed down this time. Mine was only six miles an hour over though. :msp_mad:

They don't go on your driving record and there is no need in going to court and trying to fight it. That will just add court cost's to the ticket. The camera plainly shows your plates and whether it was you or not the vehicle owner is liable for the ticket. They are simply for the money.

6 miles over!!! Id be :mad2:!

I haven't had one in a while (knock on wood), but I always done mine right :laugh:. Had a couple over 10 and 2 that the officers knocked down to 19 to save me a reckless endangerment. I drive with sense now though :msp_sneaky:.

Latest posts

Back