Too much injector cleaner in my Echo...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps I missed something, but I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone asked for advice. As the OP, I was simply detailing an unexpected negative experience with fuel injector cleaner.

I have considered using some injector/carb cleaner myself on some weedeaters and saws that had been sitting a while.I for one would like to thank you for posting your experience here for others to learn from.That's why many come here.

I use nothing but 92 octain fuel with Husky XP oil and sea foam. My mix is 40:1 because I have much older saws along with one or two new ones. A little story about sea foam, my 2000 Chevy Tahoe is creeping up on 200,000 original miles on a fine 5.7L power plant, not long ago I was leaving work and it started to bog down and back fire, eventually it cleaned up and got me home, this happened for about 2 weeks. I was just about to make a appointment with the Chevy dealer to get it looked at when I decided I would drop a bottle of sea foam in the tank and see what happens, low and behold it cleaned it right up and I have yet to have the problem re occur. I also left fuel in a 4 wheeler over the winter and it would not start this spring, I emptied the tank and put in sea foam treated fuel and soon it was purring like a alley cat.

Ditto here! I put Sea Foam (2 shot glasses) in every fresh fuel can (2 gal) refill. Run Opti-2 at 40:1 and all is well! :rock:

Read the labels a few years back on so called injector cleaner. Says petroleum distillates. Smelled it, smelled like kerosene to me and the Manager of my Autozone. We opened every brand they had. It all smelled the same and the label read the same. Injector cleaner=Kerosene? I don't know. What I do know is my weedeater won't run on diesel for sure. Kerosene probably not.
Shep

So why have you chosen to be a smartmouth here.???????????????

You posted your experience that lead to a problem. That is asking for advice

Folks pointed to a reason that may or may not have caused the problem,

You chose to come back with a smart mouth response.

So why is that???????????

Bill,
Did you read the entire thread before posting this? I'd be hard pressed to believe you did.

I shared an experience. For someone without a reading comprehension problem it should be obvious I already knew what caused the problem and it was already fixed before I posted. I didn't solicit (or get) anything that could be construed as "help". What I got from the 2nd poster was a lecture about how stupid I was to put anything but oil and fuel stabilizer in my fuel mix. I doubt that kind of condescending "help" is appreciated by many.

Gents, this has been too much time wasted. You really know how to make a new fella feel welcome.

As usual I'm learning a lot form the above discussion, but using Seafoam has me somewhat confused. I read this on another thread:

"May I ask why you mix in Sea Foam? You do know all Syn oils have an add pack that is far superior to pale oil and naphtha, the two main ingredients in Sea Foam. Mix your fuel normally and read you owners manual again. "

I started using Seafoam about a month ago and my 4 cycle lawnmowers seem to have more power but I can't tell much difference in my Husky 261 yet. I use premium gas, 40:1 mix and Poulan synthetic(wal-mart) oil.

Bill,
Did you read the entire thread before posting this? I'd be hard pressed to believe you did..........

Well yes I did. Your above post is another smartmouth response.

.........For someone without a reading comprehension problem it should be obvious I already knew what caused the problem and it was already fixed before I posted............

Well once again smartmouth

I doubt that kind of condescending "help" is appreciated by many. .

Well what in the wide world of sports has been you response other than disrespectful ?????

Bill

It's is never a good idea to use fuel additives in these engines. The biggest problem with this new fuel is that it absorbs water, and can be hard on rubber parts. I've seen additives that are extremely hard on nitrile and flouroelostomer (Viton) components in high concentrations. I would avoid any of them, and change the fuel out/use the equipment more often, etc, than risk carburetor and fuel system damage with additives......my 02 cents worth......Cliff

on occasion i'll add some seafoam to my mix but its usually 1-2 oz in 2.5 gal. everything is fine and dandy on my equipment

Just chiming in here, but i agree with Cedarkerf, Why would you run some expensive synthetic oil then dilute it with oil thinning and film weakening agents. I also know that many "carb and injector" cleaners are hard on rubber and plastic parts. The spay carb cleaners will remove the paint right off of '80s husky parts. I know it would ream the rubber right out of a carb.

I'll flush fuel lines and filters and sech with carb cleaner, and have used sea foam on motor cycles, atv's and my automobiles. Never considered using it in my 2 cycles. I can't "sea" where my 2 cycles would need it. 91 octane fuel, Jonsered or Echo oil with quality ethanol shield and a dose of Stable in all of my small engine fuel, 2 stoke and 4 stroke. I pass on the Stable come winter time in the saw mix 'cause I use quite a bit of fuel cuttin' wood.
I've been guilty of flooding/fogging a weed eater or leaf blower with about any thing on the shelf when a buddy brings his stuff over because he left it sitting forever with fuel in it..Hell, very few of us around here are factory trained in service and maintenance,, so this is all, for the most part comments we're making based on experience.

Now, SHAME on you guys for beatin' up on this new guy!!:msp_sneaky:, no need fer a pissin' contest.

:popcorn:

It's is never a good idea to use fuel additives in these engines. The biggest problem with this new fuel is that it absorbs water, and can be hard on rubber parts. I've seen additives that are extremely hard on nitrile and flouroelostomer (Viton) components in high concentrations. I would avoid any of them, and change the fuel out/use the equipment more often, etc, than risk carburetor and fuel system damage with additives......my 02 cents worth......Cliff

The only fuel additive I use is 1/2 ounce to 5 gallons gasoline of Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment to eat the water from the Ethanol (Alcohol) they put in the gas. I used to have problems with small engines but since I have used this 'additive' I have not had one single issue.

I use seafoam. I use Sta-bil. I use stihl ultra. I have some tru-fuel and some moto mix.

I found a gas station close by that has ethanol free 92 octane gas. I got some of that too.

looking for some AV fuel.

I have even mixed them together. LOL

hang in there OP. I did not find your post "Smart Mouth".

Latest posts

Back