woodchuck clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See if there is an inspection plate on the clutch and if there is, it should have a manufacturer's name and serial number. Depending on what clutch it is, I might be able to help you and if I can't, hopefully, I can lead you in the right direction. Let me know what information you can locate. Woodchuck is now owned by Altec.

Thanks,

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

Clutch

You need to go to a commercial truck part store and look up what 12" (I think) clutches they have for Ford trucks.
They put the 300 engine in E350's and F150's, like early 80's but you don't want one of those. You want a much heavier
clutch then that. I changed out the clutch in my F700 4x4 with a Detroit diesel engine and it had the same clutch as
the chipper. I would NOT buy anything from Foley Engines. They have what you need but will overcharge you buy hundreds and then not refund when they screw up the order. Those asses charged me $280 for a clutch disc and $100 for a throwout bearing after they got my order wrong. So have the parts guys look up a 1989 F550 with a 7.3 or 6.9 or something like that and see what it looks like.
I do have some part numbers to start with but I won't be home for a week.

I need clutch plate and the pressure plate. Looking at a truck setup it looks like the truck setup doesn't have a solid hub like this one. I'm also not sure if the pressure would be different

truck clutch

You want a pressure plate that is adjustable and a disc with shock springs. The one you have is solid which works but I think the spring type is better for a chipper. Again, take my advise and check on the different
clutches for trucks. I'm sure you will find what you need. Keep in mind that often what you take out of one of these is not original equipment.

i would try rockford they make the pto. or call woodchuck and give them the serial number on the frame of the chipper. they should be able to fix you up . good luck.

Back