3120xp interest in a K&N filter stock size for your saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITLHAPN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have contacted K&N and am looking into getting a K&N filter air filter made for the 3120xp chainsaw, is there any interest. I have asked K&N for the lead time, and cost/ cost breaks. If you are interested please email me [email protected].

I am interested in seeing what k&N comes back with for a lead time and price.

Thank you
Bill

Last edited:
As I have said before, after the resarch was done by a filter engineer mate of mine, I would NEVER run a K&N filter in ANYTHING of mine.

Buy the foam filter conversion from Husqvarna. They are well priced.

On car engines at least, they are known to let a lot of crap in and eat up motors. They are 'high performance' because they flow lots of air, but they don't filter very well. The air filter on most work saws is not a bottleneck to performance, it's carb diameter, intake manifold diameter etc. I think TW did some flow testing on a bunch of stock filters and found they flowed way more air than needed. Race saws are another story, but you already heard the solution for that ;) And if you need better filtration than stock filters K&N is not what you want.

Back