Old dog got a free bone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treetom

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 246679View attachment 246680View attachment 246681View attachment 246682On a recent trim job a woman offered me a Craftsman 358-352161 that had been sitting in the corner of her garage. The price was right, free, so I took it home, figuring I could use it for parts if nothing else. This is basically a Poulin chainsaw. A piece was broken off near the chain tensoning screw so the bar didn't want to tighten up. I added a couple washers and that problem was solved. Put a new 14" chain and a slightly used bar I'd been saving for my 338xpt. Added gas and oil and she fired right up. Quite the little screamer. I'm curious as to what Poulin model number this saw would be. It's an older saw, as it has no chain brake. Any info on this one would be appreciated.

i have had a bunch of those in the past, matter of fact i have one right now on the bench waiting on a carb kit,, they are good running saws for what they are

Reminds Me of This One...

Take a look. I restored this one last fall:

CraftsmanSaw2.jpg

CraftsmanSaw1.jpg

Runs perfectly today. After I restored it for $30, I told the owner I would buy it back immediately for $150 cash. He turned me down.

I have that same saw, has a 14" bar on it, also have a 18" bar. Not a bad little saw for a 2.2 ci engine. I also have a parts saw if you need anything

I have that same saw, has a 14" bar on it, also have a 18" bar. Not a bad little saw for a 2.2 ci engine. I also have a parts saw if you need anything

I have been given several old craftsman saws of various sizes lately. Seem to all be half way decent saws. Great score! Congrats.

Latest posts

Back