Firewood Sheds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfollett

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Lets see what you have built. Here is my wood shed, it holds 8 bush cords.

View attachment 247875

247875d1344474974-hamilton-2-20120808-00696-jpg

Last edited:
Kind of close to the house. Do you have worries about the bugs eaten the wrong wood?

I added 30' onto my tractor shed last summer for wood storage. I calculated that it will hold just a tad over 20 full cords. I had it full before the beginning of last winter and I burned 1/3 of it. I will refill it this winter.
attachment.php

The floor is just plywood, with 4 coats of polyurethane, so it's pretty much water proof. I'll be putting up a tarp for the front in the winter, for when we have storms.

The floor is just plywood, with 4 coats of polyurethane, so it's pretty much water proof. I'll be putting up a tarp for the front in the winter, for when we have storms.

Yeah, I saw a shine to them, Looks good. Repped ya.

Real nice wood shed. 1 question, how much is a bush cord ? This one holds 8 bush cords.

Kind of close to the house. Do you have worries about the bugs eaten the wrong wood?

I assume that comment is ment for me. The shed is close to the garage but have yet to have any issues, and hope it stays that way. I do however spray a lot bug-spider killer around the shed every month.

After looking at these, I'm almost embarrassed to show ours.

A couple years ago. We were gone more than we were home. My old wood toter and splitter.

attachment.php

Like assortments? Take your pick.

attachment.php

Recent pic. We're not done yet. The stack is around 17 x 13 x 5.

attachment.php

Real nice wood shed. 1 question, how much is a bush cord ? This one holds 8 bush cords.

A bush cord is 3 face cords.. A face cord is 4 feet high, 8 feet long, with logs cut around 16 inches.

A bush cord measures 4 feet wide x 4 feet high x 8 feet long and is 128 cubic feet in volume.

whether you stack wood in a shed or in covered rows ,I have found that having access to more than 1 side,. keeps carry over wood from being burried by newer unseasoned stuff . I stack in rows ,every 3 rows there is an alley way so I never landlock last years leftovers which is used as starter wood for the coming season .this works for me JK

I added 30' onto my tractor shed last summer for wood storage. I calculated that it will hold just a tad over 20 full cords. I had it full before the beginning of last winter and I burned 1/3 of it. I will refill it this winter.
attachment.php

Is the wood already seasoned before it goes in? Otherwise, how does the stuff buried in the back ever dry out?

Wood shed full

Refilled wood shed and two "pallet stacks." Ran out of room for wood and had access to 3 acre clear cut tops. I have been cutting in this heat because I don't know when the neighbor will be cleaning everything up so they can build. Scroung when the scrounging is good. Started just throwing wood on my stone wall to keep it off of the ground.

Refilled wood shed and two "pallet stacks." Ran out of room for wood and had access to 3 acre clear cut tops. I have been cutting in this heat because I don't know when the neighbor will be cleaning everything up so they can build. Scroung when the scrounging is good. Started just throwing wood on my stone wall to keep it off of the ground.

That ought to get you through winter. I like free wood.

Not huge but not small

Main wood shed is 8'x12'x6' the leanto is 7'x7'x6'

Barn

DSC_9966.jpg

Main wood shed behide the barn

DSC_9968.jpg

Leanto (but the John Deere is in there now wood is drying in the field) behide the wood shed

DSC_9969.jpg

What is the difference between a cord and a bush cord?

By his definition? None at all thus rendering the addition of "bush" unneeded.

Of course "bush cord" is never defined as a legal measurement. Just as face cord is also an nunneded, undefined term. His definition is (legally) "1/3 cord"

Again an example of using odd terms when a perfectly good, understandable by everyone, term is available.

Harry K

Back