Echo saws kinda lame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought long and hard to try and type something witty, without totally bashing Echo's, but have came to the conclusion that it can't be done. Most of em I've seen and ran, all have a similar sized "big name" branded saw that will clean their clocks.

I have heard good about the 600P though...

haven't herd so much bull pats in a long time
steaming hot ones at that :bad_smelly:

I find this information silly, embarrassing, and most of all - misleading and just plain wrong!

I dont know about how much gain but it does help. The stock cs 600 cuts great as it is. The only problem I've had with the saw was the fasteners that hold the bucking spikes on vibrated loose and got lost. I also blame that on an inexperienced operator or just a lazy fker that didn't give a flyin hoot, who might be blood related to me.

lets just put it this way...echo is making people consider them again after a 15 year hiatus because they are returning to quality units. the tree guys i deal with don't care color or name or anything they want a good reliable WORK saw. that doesn't mean comparing specs on a forum in a pissing contest. No the echos are not the most powerful stock but these guys are working not racing. they start everytime and run great. if husky and stihl can't compete at the same price range then shame on them. its a sad day in the saw industry then. some of you guys act like they are the only two brands that exist. if you guys get so riled up over a good solid saw manufacturer encroaching on your sacred brands, then maybe you should contact your favorite one and tell them to up the ante on WORK saws...

i'll say it again not ashamed to be an echo lover...or any good running saw lover. in the end we all wind up at 6ft anyways

Next time put the whole quote in, your embarrassing. I was just trying to be as dumb as PGG. Steve

Your entire post wasn't necessary and did not come across as sarcastic in any way. My apologies for a misinterpretation, but your goal was not accomplished in the reading.

my name is dellwas and I'm so dumb I fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. ...

yes I agree. with a name like dellwas you wouldn't be the brightest spark in the universe

Last edited:
50cc vs 60cc

There is only one way to decide this. Someone bring a 50cc Echo (whatever that might be) to the Iowa GTG this October south of Des Moines. I'll bring my Stihl MS 361 and there might be a few MS 362s there that can even beat me. We'll have at it.

The only 50cc saw that can hold a candle to a Stihl MS 361 is a modified Stihl MS 260 Pro. 'Nuff said.

There is only one way to decide this. Someone bring a 50cc Echo (whatever that might be) to the Iowa GTG this October south of Des Moines. I'll bring my Stihl MS 361 and there might be a few MS 362s there that can even beat me. We'll have at it.

The only 50cc saw that can hold a candle to a Stihl MS 361 is a modified Stihl MS 260 Pro. 'Nuff said.

That would be the echo CS600, 59.8 cc, 13 bs . I wish I was a little closer to Des Moines sounds like fun.

No sh*t?

That's seems like a good idea. Any 50cc saw against a 60cc saw seems like it would be pretty conclusive. Are you just not paying attention?

If I were closer I'd run my 600p against a 362.

I own 2 stihl saws and I like them both, particularly my 460, but I also own a couple echo saws. My 600p gets used more than my other saws combined, and the fact is, it's a great saw. People here are just saying that the new echo pro saws are worthy of a little respect inasmuch as they are a good product. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy one, but you do yourself credit in recognizing a good product when you see it.

Why are some people so threatened by echo? I don't get it.

I have no problem with Echo. Randy ported my Echo cs 520 "prosumer" saw and it is a beast. There was a build thread on it with videos. It was labeled a "346 killer". That said, I am curious if anyone has compared the 600p to the new 562xp? And what conclusions were drawn from the comparison?

Latest posts

Back