Bandit 2150xp, Morbark G42 stump grinder opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am in the market for a new/newer stumpgrinder. Seriously considering the Bandit 2150xp with the 35hp briggs. Also the Morbark G42. Just wondering if I could get any opinions from some of you who have one. Maybe from some who have had one for a while cause I might be going used. Any problems that I should investigate in case I find one a few years old. I noticed someone tried to start a thread on this in January in the Commercial section and didn't get a response. Maybe in the wrong spot? Hopefully someone can help. I do like the Carlton 4012 but no local dealer is a negative for me.

Do not be afraid to go with a Carlton. you really do not need a local dealer if you can do some repairs on your own. Carlton has great customer support and can talk you through any repair. Parts are available direct from the factory, and they ship quickly. I have owned 2 Carltons, and am over 1000 miles from the factory. Have never felt the need for a local dealer, as machines are easy to maintain, and hardly ever have serious problems. In fact, I have never had a serious problem with either of my Carltons.
Bandit makes good machines, and I have owned one in the past. I believe Carlton is just a little better designed machine all around.
Morbark is a machine I never see in service, and know nothing about. Their machines look heavy and awkward. There must be a reason you never see anyone with a Morbark, but I don't know what the reason is.
Jeff

Am in the market for a new/newer stumpgrinder. Seriously considering the Bandit 2150xp with the 35hp briggs. Also the Morbark G42. Just wondering if I could get any opinions from some of you who have one. Maybe from some who have had one for a while cause I might be going used. Any problems that I should investigate in case I find one a few years old. I noticed someone tried to start a thread on this in January in the Commercial section and didn't get a response. Maybe in the wrong spot? Hopefully someone can help. I do like the Carlton 4012 but no local dealer is a negative for me.

I have a bandit 2150xp with the 38hp kohler,,,love it..

Bob.....:cheers:

Thanks for the replies. The Bandit factory is only a couple of hours north of here so I would imagine they would let me demo a 2150. What does Carlton do for a demo. I don't think there is a dealer near here. I think there is a dealer in Illinois (Chicago area?) but thats quite a hike from here. Vermeer has a place in town but I'm not too fond of their model in the size I'm looking for.

There is a big dealer for Carlton in Lisle??, Il. It is Alexander Equipment. They have a website, and they probably have almost every model of Carlton grinder in stock. I believe Matt is the guy I talked to a while back.
Jeff

definatly dont couint out the carlton machines. Take a look before you purchase. The 4012 will be my next machine and i looked over many of the machines.

Hello Oldmaple:

Just wondering if you have had a chance to demo the 2150XP? I am from Bandit and just want to make sure you have had a chance to check this out if you are still interested.

Thanks

I Have a morbark d52 cat deisel . never had any problems. i would spend the extra and get a deisel.

Back