ordered new furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihly dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I will be heating this winter with a shiny new wood furnace. Man I hope it works as they say it doe's. If so, I should use less wood, have an Evan heat, and not have to constantly screw with it. Open door, shove wood in it, close the door and walk away for 12 hrs. For the price it should. I know this is an investment for the future, that will pay back more as each year the fossil fuel price rises. But man I could buy a new oil furnace, and a new gas furnace together, and still have money left over. This is the first time I've ever spent this kind of money without seeing the product with my own eye's. Needless to say, I will be nervous and excited to see how it works out. Fingers crossed.
Kumma vapor fire 100 $4800 should arrive in the fall.

Just curious, what made you decide on THAT one?

The Quality of construction, efficiency, and most important the ease of use. Set it and forget it. Also the fact of no maintenance or cleaning really needed.

Be interested to know how you like it after it is installed and you get some hours on it. I have been looking around at the options out there and am curious.

I will be heating this winter with a shiny new wood furnace. Man I hope it works as they say it doe's. If so, I should use less wood, have an Evan heat, and not have to constantly screw with it. Open door, shove wood in it, close the door and walk away for 12 hrs. For the price it should. I know this is an investment for the future, that will pay back more as each year the fossil fuel price rises. But man I could buy a new oil furnace, and a new gas furnace together, and still have money left over. This is the first time I've ever spent this kind of money without seeing the product with my own eye's. Needless to say, I will be nervous and excited to see how it works out. Fingers crossed.
Kumma vapor fire 100 $4800 should arrive in the fall.

You won't be disappointed... If you ever have any type of questions gives us a call 1-800-358-2049 or shoot an e-mail [email protected]. At 700 + lbs this thing is built like a tank and our revolutionary automated computer eliminates the guess work!! We appreciate your business...

Be interested to know how you like it after it is installed and you get some hours on it. I have been looking around at the options out there and am curious.

Yes, I will let you all know how it works. I got the hot water coil for it as well, for added savings. I,m removing the boiler this weekend and putting in the water tanks. This winter its going to be all or nothing on the new furnace, no backup.

Good luck with your new stove. We have an old Resolute airtight that's been in the house for over 15 years.
We finally had to rebuild it last year. If you get a good price on fire wood, it'll be a real money saver. We
cut and split all we burn, so cost is minimal. Enjoy!

Good luck with your new stove. We have an old Resolute airtight that's been in the house for over 15 years.
We finally had to rebuild it last year. If you get a good price on fire wood, it'll be a real money saver. We
cut and split all we burn, so cost is minimal. Enjoy!

I get my own wood aswell. I have about 5 years worth stacked at the moment. And if the furnace really does save on wood consumption, maybe 7 years worth. It is worth it, not having to babysit the stove all the time. It was in the basement, what a pain in the arse.

I am sure you won't be disappointed! Last year was my first year heating with the Kuuma 100 and I was very happy with it. As I told you earlier in a message it is an unbelievable wood furnace. I know it seems like a lot of money, but after you see it and use it for a while I think you will agree it is money well spent. In fact I am thinking real serious about buying another one for my shop!!! I know Daryl or Garrett would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, but feel free to shoot a message anytime. Let us know how you like it and a couple pictures would be fun!!

I get my own wood aswell. I have about 5 years worth stacked at the moment. And if the furnace really does save on wood consumption, maybe 7 years worth. It is worth it, not having to babysit the stove all the time. It was in the basement, what a pain in the arse.

I can imagine. Ours is in the kitchen, right off the garage. I have a wood rack in there. Bring wood in from the woodshed
by the wheelbarrow load. Take it to the stove in a small tote. Being an airtight, we stoke it up at bedtime, it's still hot in
the morning. Hedge burns a long time.

In my past wood stove the coals where there for a long time, maybe 20 hrs. but that is not heat output. never had to relight the stove. I had to constantly check on draft not to over fire or under fire. It only had maybe 6 hr fire time. It will be nice to load, walk away, and have a T-stat open and close the damper for easy evan heat. With only loading twice a day.

The furnace came in this week. Came on 2 pallets, and of course both where damaged by trucking co. Have it in the basement now, boiler out, hot water heater in, and wood stove to the garage. Next week starting on the ductwork. No turning back now.

The furnace came in this week. Came on 2 pallets, and of course both where damaged by trucking co. Have it in the basement now, boiler out, hot water heater in, and wood stove to the garage. Next week starting on the ductwork. No turning back now.

ya..butt...ain't got no pics of no new stove man!

rules, etc....so what if it ain't finished...;)

Glad to hear your furnace made it....bummer it was damaged. Was there much damage to it? Have fun setting it up and waiting till you can use it!!! My second one for the shop will be done by mid October. Will pick it up at the shop as I am only a couple hours from Lampa Manufacturing!

Nothing that will affect the operation, after I do a little body work to it. It sure is a bummer, I was planning on making it a show piece. Everything will be fine except the shiny new part. Everything went slick, getting it into the basement. Getting it of the pallet down there is another story. I know 1 suggestion I would have for the design, is a welded bar from foot to foot at the floor so you can gentle tip it in any direction. With out worry of bending the feet, These are very heavy units. Still looking for a lost testicle.

Nothing that will affect the operation, after I do a little body work to it. It sure is a bummer, I was planning on making it a show piece. Everything will be fine except the shiny new part. Everything went slick, getting it into the basement. Getting it of the pallet down there is another story. I know 1 suggestion I would have for the design, is a welded bar from foot to foot at the floor so you can gentle tip it in any direction. With out worry of bending the feet, These are very heavy units. Still looking for a lost testicle.

That's a good idea and I will throw it by my dad and see what he says about feasibility...

Latest posts

Back