First fire!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yep, 54* and rainy. Fired up the stove in the barn for the first time this year. Got some soft maple burning from a trimming job. Sure do miss the wood head, feels good. Anybody else got a stove going this evening?

I haven't been on in quite a while, how y'all doing?

Welcome back...:angry2: I've had a couple fires so far...don't think it'll get cold enough this evening for one though. The weekend's looking promising:msp_thumbup:

I just finished putting all new refractery panels in my BIS Ultra to the tune of $700.00 dealer did a great job of bending me over. Searched online the few places I found them I could not purchase because I was'nt a dealer. O well 38 tonight will be starting a series of stick fires to break in the new panels.

Never turned heat on before thanksgiving, EXCEPT for last halloween. Now that I have no ability to heat, its cold and I tell myself that i would light a fire if I could. But if I could I wouldn't.

Saturday Night

It's Saturday night and the temp is a droppin'
I cut some wood so I know I got heat.

I just got to wake up that cold air's a comin'
It's time to fire up the stove.

Was that Cat Stevens? If so, what year? Please advise. :potstir:

Darndest thing... these past few nights have been cool and damp. By "cool" I mean below 60. :D

The SheWolf was wearing her sweats and sweater when I got in from work. Asked if she wanted a fire before I got down to some serious beer sippin', she said not yet. Figured t'wouldn't be much longer before she'd want a fire so I brought in some kindling, starter wood and a tote of splits and loaded the stove. All ya gotta do is light it, Baby.

Turned in Friday night hoping I could get out today and clean up these trees I've had laying since June. Darn if the temp didn't hit 80. Too hot for this old dog to be cuttin' wood. Maybe tomorrow. :)

It's been nasty damp and raining all day here, then the temp dropped.

Got down to 62 here in the hootch, and I said screw it. Grabbed a bunch of ugly junk off the ugly wood pile and some of the dead stuff that's been falling out of the trees with all this wind, and now it's 74 in here with a low fire goin' and the sheets of rain hammering on the roof.

Good time for a shakedown run anyhow.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I had the stove on but not for heat. I can't wait. Lowest temp we got to was 45 here a couple times but the house doesn't cool off enough.

20s and 30s across northern tier looks awesome right about now.

There were snow reports in areas of MI and WI.

utf-8BNDAyNjY3XzM3Mjg4MDI1OTQ1NTc0OF80MzA3ODUzNDhfbi5qcGc_zps9e8fddbf.jpg

Freeland, MI checking in, had a fire last night and just lit one up for tonight as well. Great opportunity to burn the scraps and odd stuff up. Love this time of year!

Will be burning wood in the house for this year vs. just the pole barn the last 5 years. Got to get a stove and get it installed this week! Now I need double the wood!

Had my stove in the shop going all weekend. Just put in a new stainless double wal chimney, some new stove paint, just couldn't wait to see it in action. Even with the barn door open, it's nice to have a stove to back up to when you get a little cool doing chores...:wink2:

Gettin' close here. Supposed to be 39 overnight.

But I'd like to paint the stove and clean the chimney before I start burning. And having gotten home at 0300 from a niece's wedding...being on a pitched roof in bright sunshine and/or sniffing paint fumes were not attractive options today despite originally being on the to-do list. :D

So I'll be wearing pants and a sweatshirt in the home office tomorrow morning.

Just fired the RB75 Riteway IWB up for the first time tonight gave the old girl a good cleaning,cleaned the chiminey and changed the stove pipes today,going to be down in the 30's tonight ,so I figured a test fire was in order.Might not shut it off till May now. Wood cheaper than LP or oil.Besides every block of wood I burn is one less meal or bullet for the freakin ragheads...:clap:

These were the temps in the NorthEast couple hours ago. I'm at 48 with clear skies. Feels chilly outside but inside is still warm. Sucks. lol

temps97_zpsf5eb4c6f.jpg

fire

Well we fired it up sat morning in southeast Wi. Had frost sat. morning and Sun. morning. Feels great

Fired one up Friday night after the High School football game, had a slow burn all day Saturday windy and 50's. Got up to mid 60's Sunday so I did not light one last night, sitting here this am mid 30's outside wish I would have.
The City took an ash down on my treebank and left the limb wood and base for me, gott'r bucked, split and stacked, about 2/3 of a cord, good start for the 2013-14 season.

Back