Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K-1200

I recently picked up a few machines for scrap price on fee bay... Amongst the pile was this Partner K-1200. It carries stickers from one of the EMS/Rescue squads up in the area I picked it up, so I doubt it spent its life cutting concrete...
I talked to the mechanic at the place I picked it up, and he told me it was being sold as they couldn't come up with the starter parts...

So I brought it home, and pulled the starter off. Yep, pretty much everything that attaches to the flywheel is MIA. Looking at the IPL nothing seems complicated, but the parts sure aren't out there new that I can find. So far I know the same parts are on this, the K-850, and the 7000, and 7000+ chainsaws. There might be others, but I haven't looked at every IPL yet. I know there are STOW branded saws that match as well as a Wacker, so I keep an eye out for them now too.

2012-10-11_17-47-01_164Medium.jpg

2012-10-11_17-46-46_993Medium.jpg

Since it wasn't going to fire up any time soon, I pulled the muffler to see what I could see, and things look pretty nice inside the cylinder... Everything under the air filter is squeaky clean too. The belt drive and pulleys are in excellent shape as well. I suspect this will be a good runner once I come up with the dogs.

I don't expect to be using it much. My thinking is it might be a good machine on root cutting rather than screwing up my chains. I have a big black walnut stump I want to get out next spring/summer and I can't get back to it with the backhoe where it is, so it will need to get cut free, and then dragged up out of the hole its in...

-Tim

I recently picked up a few machines for scrap price on fee bay... Amongst the pile was this Partner K-1200. It carries stickers from one of the EMS/Rescue squads up in the area I picked it up, so I doubt it spent its life cutting concrete...
I talked to the mechanic at the place I picked it up, and he told me it was being sold as they couldn't come up with the starter parts...

So I brought it home, and pulled the starter off. Yep, pretty much everything that attaches to the flywheel is MIA. Looking at the IPL nothing seems complicated, but the parts sure aren't out there new that I can find. So far I know the same parts are on this, the K-850, and the 7000, and 7000+ chainsaws. There might be others, but I haven't looked at every IPL yet. I know there are STOW branded saws that match as well as a Wacker, so I keep an eye out for them now too.

2012-10-11_17-47-01_164Medium.jpg

2012-10-11_17-46-46_993Medium.jpg

Since it wasn't going to fire up any time soon, I pulled the muffler to see what I could see, and things look pretty nice inside the cylinder... Everything under the air filter is squeaky clean too. The belt drive and pulleys are in excellent shape as well. I suspect this will be a good runner once I come up with the dogs.

I don't expect to be using it much. My thinking is it might be a good machine on root cutting rather than screwing up my chains. I have a big black walnut stump I want to get out next spring/summer and I can't get back to it with the backhoe where it is, so it will need to get cut free, and then dragged up out of the hole its in...

-Tim

Maybe just maybe the p100 or PM1000 McCulloch will interchange with starter parts on this machine

It would be interesting to see a photo of the powerhead with the attachment removed

McBob.

Maybe just maybe the p100 or PM1000 McCulloch will interchange with starter parts on this machine

It would be interesting to see a photo of the powerhead with the attachment removed

McBob.

Hmmm... Well logic says that arm must come off... I'll see what I can come up with.

My Pm1000 arrived, and new flywheel seal installed, waiting on the clutch side one now.

I installed my MINT condition K1200 piston and cylinder because they were very nice, and my NOS spare rings for my 2101xp.

I also installed a WS18A carb in place of the worn shaft HS on it but then found out the air filter for the Mac 1000 wont fit the WS so I used a Partner P series smaller filter for now. The choke is larger on the Ws so hits the LARGE filter on these 1000's. Learning something new every day!

Duane

Daune Bob here did you fit a K1200 Piston and barrel to your PM1000 McCulloch i chasing the wrist pin size do you know what its diameter is ?

Thanks Duane ........................ Bob.

Well... I checked the IPL... That arm is part of the case... I'll take off the outer cover and get a shot when I get out to the garage again...

tubes

Very pretty shades of yellow I might add, thanks for posting them up. I like the style of the R-14

Any chance of finding a set of heated handle tubes for my 5500H in Germany? I have had no luck here in the states.

Sorry,nothing to find yet,but eyes remains always open.
Be careful with P&C.Never available !
I used two cylinder gaskets to decrease the very high compression.No power gone lost.

Regards!

E.

Sorry,nothing to find yet,but eyes remains always open.
Be careful with P&C.Never available !
I used two cylinder gaskets to decrease the very high compression.No power gone lost.

Regards!

E.

Never say never, I just picked up a new piston last week for one. :laugh:

All I can ask is to keep your eyes open. They will turn up sometime, somewhere.

Finally got around to putting the starter parts in the K-1200... I ended up having to make the standoffs as they are NLA, and I was somewhat impatient... One was still with the saw, so that was an easy little lathe project... Hardest part was getting my lathe to grab on to a little bitty 3/8" bar to make it from...

Put it all together, filled it with mix, pulled it over a few times to get some mix in there with the ignition off, then a shot of starting fluid, a hard pull and it roared to life...

Runs up to WOT nicely, but then dies off... Clearly the carb needs some attention, but boy is that a nice sounding machine... Made a couple test cuts in a hunk o tree, and it does a nice job... I think this is going to be an excellent root cutter...

Finally got around to putting the starter parts in the K-1200... I ended up having to make the standoffs as they are NLA, and I was somewhat impatient... One was still with the saw, so that was an easy little lathe project... Hardest part was getting my lathe to grab on to a little bitty 3/8" bar to make it from...

Put it all together, filled it with mix, pulled it over a few times to get some mix in there with the ignition off, then a shot of starting fluid, a hard pull and it roared to life...

Runs up to WOT nicely, but then dies off... Clearly the carb needs some attention, but boy is that a nice sounding machine... Made a couple test cuts in a hunk o tree, and it does a nice job... I think this is going to be an excellent root cutter...

Sounds great. Good job. :msp_thumbup:

What's the origin of the Partner Mini P? I have two of them, and I've always thought they reminded me of the Emab-built Jonsereds (370, 380 etc), although the other day, I picked up an identical (except for paint job) saw called a "Spartan (if my memory is correct). Who built this saw?

I don't have images of my own at the moment, but here's what I'm talking about:

Spartan Gas Chainsaw Model 34AV | eBay

and:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/52355.htm

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Had the chance over the last two days to go after some roots with the K-1200... Didn't have a camera, so no proof, but as predicted, that thing is a monster in the dirt... It seems that sitting with some mix in it must have cleaned up the carb, because it exhibited none of the dirty carb symptoms it had before... It doesn't cut as fast as a chainsaw in the wood/root, but it did it all day at the same speed without ever bothering to clean off the dirt. Some I just cut right down in to the turf where I knew there was a root, and it just didn't care.

I wish I had found one of these years ago... I've spent way too much time filing chain that just touched the ground for a second let alone a day... I had reached the mental point of going after roots with an ax rather than a saw... That's for the birds... A cutoff with a 24 tooth blade will now go with me any time I'm asked to deal with a tree or stump...

Partner S50 Question

View attachment 265819View attachment 265820View attachment 265822I cannot remember how to start a new thread of if I even can? So I appopogize for the thread jump.
Ed or anyone else for that matter I have a question about a new to me S55.I have not had time to get a photo of it yet but today I got a saw that I think is an (S 50). It seems to have the beggining of another letter after the 50? but the label is badly torn.
It has the full wrap handel with the 45 degree turn down at the top left corner .The handel is in good shape there does not seem to be any worn paint on it.
The saw itself was yellow top cover and black lowers.It has a chain brake, and the under side is missing very little paint. I dont think it saw a lot of handeling but it does seem to have been left in the sun as the top cover is that sickly faded dry yellow color you see on old saws.All covers are in great shape other than the top being faded.
The guy I got it from said he bought it from a friend having hard times a while back, more of a favor than for actuall use. He told me he tried to use it some and it ran fine but it leaked gas bad from around the tank fuel line connection.So he just set it aside and used his much newer saw and never really tried it again. I paid him $35.00 so I will have somthing to do for a project.My question is could there be somthing written after the S50 ?
Update no there is just the very begining of a black stripe visiable no other letters,..what does the "S" stand for? Thanks and again sorry for jumping in but I could not remember the other way to do it. ps,... JUST ADDED 3 PHOTOS OF IT. Jeff

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back