I'm naked for the first time in decades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Hackemoff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My big ol' 25 year old Kozy Heat on the north side of my house finally gave up the ghost. Or actually, the chimney crumbled. Costs too much to rebuild the chimney for what the fireplace has left to give. I don't have the ching for a whole new works right now.

I have an old, original equip 60 year old fireplace on the south side of the room. Been mothballed since I bought the house 18 years ago. So I have a Regency 3100 insert and flexible chimney to re-line the old one on order. Waiting for the phone call from the installer.

Twelve cords of seasoned ash all split and stacked in the shed, each piece awaiting its fate in the firebox.

Sposed to snow here in SW Minn tomorrow, and here I am, naked with no fireplace, staring at a stupid Edenpure electric heater instead of a roaring fire. I am seriously beside myself. I won't be happy until I have fire again.

Anyone else ever feel naked this way?

259061d1351106161-old-jpg

Is that a dart board in the living room? Natty Light too? :rock:

Yep. Nothing but the best for the wife and me.

BTW my wife thinks I have a screw or two loose over this woodburning stuff. She's right, I think.

waiting for the phone to ring

Mine does too, but guess who the first one by the fire is.....play a round of darts and have another Natty!

P.S. You could always tell her there are other ways to stay warm!

Mine does too, but guess who the first one by the fire is.....play a round of darts and have another Natty!

and if his wife is like mine, he will be bringing in more firewood!

Sure, until I made the stupid mistake of buying a heated mattress pad. So much for the "get warm" crap. Been married only a year and a half and already I've had to borderline beg.

and if his wife is like mine, he will be bringing in more firewood!

Here's the fireplace that needs to be torn out. I'd hope there is a way to save the brick somehow, but like my brick chimney outside, it'll probably come down. That will be a sad day. That Kozy Heat has about a nine cubic foot firebox.

Thinking about (eventually) getting either a Napoleon 6000 or a Vermont Castings Sequoia. Any recs are welcome please.

I need a Nattie right about now

Not about to kiss and tell but been married 12 years and it is still like our first week very week! Maybe you're doing something wrong?:msp_sad: Back to your wood stove now!

So there is no fixing your old one? Show us some pictures of what is wrong with it.

Advice for the Shut-Outs

Sure, until I made the stupid mistake of buying a heated mattress pad. So much for the "get warm" crap. Been married only a year and a half and already I've had to borderline beg.

Dear Hack:
You are naked in more ways than the one said.
You need to know the official M.M.S.P. ( Male Minnesotan Sexual Position )---on your knees begging.
(Bill is in the mail)
Sincerely,
Advisor
P.S. No "borderline" please-do the Full Knees.

Ok Newlywed, here's your advice about sex and marriage....

When you are first married, its HOUSESEX, You have sex in every room of the house, at all hours, and plenty often....

When you've been married about ten years, you're having ROOMSEX, usually the bedroom, maybe the living room occasionally, and it isn't that often that you're doing it anyway...

When you've been married about twenty years, you have HALLWAYSEX, that's when you pass each other in the hallway in opposite directions and shout over your shoulder, #### You.

Ok Newlywed, here's your advice about sex and marriage....

When you are first married, its HOUSESEX, You have sex in every room of the house, at all hours, and plenty often....

When you've been married about ten years, you're having ROOMSEX, usually the bedroom, maybe the living room occasionally, and it isn't that often that you're doing it anyway...

When you've been married about twenty years, you have HALLWAYSEX, that's when you pass each other in the hallway in opposite directions and shout over your shoulder, #### You.

Don't forget on the appliances, on the desk, in the truck, on the zero turn, bathtub, basement, in the yard and at the state forest.

Getting married is like being in jail,once you are a trustee its not to bad. Friend asked the other day if I've been getting any on the side, I said its been so long I didn't know they moved it to the side.

Back on topic. I'd also be naked without woodburning. It's a byproduct of the work I do, but I'm no stranger to hunting up a load or downing some rouges out a fencerow. My hobby is burning stuff. It's also a lifestyle. Me, Brother in law and wife's Dad all do OWB. That takes a heap right there. I like 100+ cords on hand deciduous-and a back up option for combustion. 27th year guiding the bar.

You don't want it to get ahead of you. Wood heat can be a game of inches. Gotta strike preemtively in all facets. How are we gonna get ya back on your feet, Man? Triple wall? Go out o' wall with a Tee and a cleanout?

I like to screw around but I'll admit this is serious. I help a guy if I can.

Back on topic. I'd also be naked without woodburning. It's a byproduct of the work I do, but I'm no stranger to hunting up a load or downing some rouges out a fencerow. My hobby is burning stuff. It's also a lifestyle. Me, Brother in law and wife's Dad all do OWB. That takes a heap right there. I like 100+ cords on hand deciduous-and a back up option for combustion. 27th year guiding the bar.

You don't want it to get ahead of you. Wood heat can be a game of inches. Gotta strike preemtively in all facets. How are we gonna get ya back on your feet, Man? Triple wall? Go out o' wall with a Tee and a cleanout?

I like to screw around but I'll admit this is serious. I help a guy if I can.

Wow. I'm twelve cords a year at best (scrounging, burning seven or eight and donating the rest to folks who don't have the means). It's all I can do to get that it seems. How do you find the time? I respect your family - you all must be a tight bunch.

And thanks for the offer to help. I posted today because I admit I'm an addict to woodburning, chainsaws, filing, splitting by hand or by mechanical means AND YES TO THOSE INTERESTED, I DO ON OCCASION MAKE LOVE TO MY WIFE IN FRONT OF A ROARING FIRE. I EVEN DRAG A MATTRESS OUT. SHE SEEMS TO LIKE THAT FOR SOME REASON. Just to clear that up.

NOW...where's my new fireplace? Tomorrow hopefully

Latest posts

Back